Recently

1 August 2015

Wash That Man Shower Sheet


If you're one to read my blog regularly, you're probably aware of how I feel about Lush's new shower sheet inventions. While I'm all for progress and 'thinking outside the box', with every one of my experiences using the four sheets so far, I've been less than impressed with the results.

While I can see the benefit of taking these with you when you're travelling - I even took heed of my own advice and did just that when I went to visit my family last week, there doesn't seem to be any other reason as to why I would choose these over the shower gel format. Despite being an interesting concept, they are not a product I would invest in regularly. 

Given what I have just said, I can imagine that you're probably thinking this review of the Wash That Man Shower Sheet will be a negative one, and even I thought the same thing before I'd given the product a whirl. However, I was rather surprised and a little confused when I found myself enjoying this shower sheet quite a bit...

Sharing its scent with Lush's Cocktail Liquid Perfume, this shower sheet is one of three exclusive products available in the Oxford Street store. A little bigger than A5 in size, these sheets are the first of its kind (that I know of) and claim to work as effectively as their liquid counterparts - a statement that I was keen to test out with each variant available.

Containing a jasmine and rose petal infusion, it is these two ingredients along with the ylang ylang absolute and bergamot oil that dominate the overall smell - the latter ingredient offering a very potent but equally sweet, citrusy aroma that gives this shower companion a sharp but interestingly zesty fragrance. 

While Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair Shower Gel boasts fresh fig, guava and peach juice, this variation doesn't contain any of these, which is perhaps the main reason as to why I find it much more appealing. Still a bright and very fruity offering, this sheet has more room to let the floral elements seep through without being thwarted by an almost bitter orangey note that ruins the shower gel version for me. Ultimately, this product offers a wonderful balance between the floral, sweet and zesty components. 

Made from a combination of dried honeydew melon and an array of essential oils, this original but equally interesting shower sheet is easy enough to use. Simply tear off a small piece (about the size of the circumference of one of Lush's solid perfume tins) and add a little water to the mix. The sheet will foam up rather quickly and produce a creamy lather that can then be massaged across the body.   

Like the other sheets, this one lathers up a treat - producing a thick foam that is easy to massage across your body. Having said this, much like the other variations, while this one does clean your body and leave you feeling refreshed and smelling beautiful, it doesn't seem to moisturise as well as it does in shower gel format. For this reason, I still chose to use a body conditioner afterwards to nourish my skin before exiting the shower. 

While I still maintain that this isn't as good value for money as the shower gel, I actually happen to prefer this to its liquid sibling. I find that the Wash That Man Shower Sheet has a much lovelier smell and the format suits this fragrance more than it does in the bottle. Although I may be going against everything I have stated in my rating system, I will definitely continue to use this product and will enjoy spending my time with it in the shower. However, given the price tag and my rather large stash of preferred shower gels, it is probably not one that I'll ever buy again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Honeydew Melon Pulp (Cucumis melo), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Cellulose, *Linalool, Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Ylang Ylang Absolute (Cananga odorata), Titanium Dioxide, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), DRF Alcohol, Rosie Red Lustre, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Cinnamal, Coumarin, Oakmoss Extract (Evernia Prunastri), *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, Colour 19140, Colour 42090, Colour 77499, Colour 19140:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £12.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:
Cocktail Solid Perfume

Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair Shower Sheet



No comments

Post a Comment


UP