Recently

21 August 2015

Lemon Sherbet Showder


After not being able to secure myself a box of Lemon Sherbet Showder on the opening day of the Oxford Street store, I resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to make another trip in the following weeks/months to grab one after the mass hysteria had wavered a little. Although I didn't make a big deal out of it, this was mostly due to the amount of products I had yet to test and review after my initial visit - a process that has taken me almost five months to complete.

After trudging to the shop on numerous occasions - travelling across London with the sole purpose of grabbing myself a box, and never finding any left with each and every visit, I began to reside in the possibility that maybe I would never acquire a box to enjoy, unless I was willing to part with an extortionate amount of money for the privilege to do so through eBay. 

When Lush finally made it available online, it was the first product I bought - giddy with excitement of finally getting my greedy mitts on the mysterious best seller. What made this showder so popular? And would I be able to justify why it had been flying out of the doors so quickly? I was eager to find out. 

Containing two different lemon oils, a handful of cornflour and some clay, I didn't initially understand how a product so basic could be that good, THAT effective. Yet the second I peeled back the box and took a good, hard sniff of the contents, I knew that I was on to a winner. 

To me, Lemon Sherbet Showder smells like lemon cheesecake - the base and all of the toppings. You get the sweet, zesty citrusy kick of the drizzle, the warm, creamy element of the 'cheese' section, and the buttery goodness of the base. All three of these beautiful notes are very much present in the box, and only serve to expand and elevate with the inclusion of water.

In the box, this product looks a little bit like a mixture of sand and tiny pieces of popped rice - a consistency far different than any of the other showders and scrubs that I have come across from Lush before. While's it's slightly grittier than Candy Floss, and so therefore offers a very delicate scrubbing action when it's being used on the skin, it's not as coarse as Life's A Beach so works as more of a cleanser than a harsh exfoliator. 

The inclusion of kaolin here, helps to clean and remove dead skin cells from the surface, working with the cornflour to soften your body and leave it smelling good enough to eat. The different oils offer an uplifting experience - one that not only wakes you up first thing in the morning, but one that leaves your skin looking noticeably more radiant afterwards. 

What I loved about this showder is that it left me feeling really refreshed after use, and I loved the fact that people complimented on the 'wonderful perfume' that I was wearing - when they were in fact picking up the citrusy goodness of the product instead. 

Unfortunately, it was very difficult to keep this box dry both in between and during uses, and I had to transfer the showder into an old plastic tub to prevent my box from disintegrating. While this isn't a major problem, it is a little annoying and deems the original packaging as pretty much pointless to begin with. 


Secondly, while the showder does react to the water and foam up a little in your hand, as soon as I tried to spread it across my body there was very little product to use because most of it had already been rinsed away with the water. Even when I attempted to use this outside of the flow of the shower, I found that the generous helping I had shaken out, didn't go very far in terms of washing my entire body. For this reason, I cannot imagine the box lasting for as long as a shower gel of the same weight would do. 

Having said that, while I still believe that this product is very much a novelty item (perhaps I'm stating the obvious here), I can still really see myself keeping a box of this handy for those mornings when I just need a little 'pick me up' to help me through the day. 

Although I would say that this box would last me a good 4-6 months, this is mostly due to the fact that I would probably use it only once a week as a treat, rather than because it has the longevity to survive that long with daily use. Easily my favourite showder out of the three available, this is one that everyone should try at least once - if only to smell like lemon cheese cake for a day. While I would have liked this sooner, it was definitely worth the wait.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cornflour (Zea mays), Kaolin, Disodium Lauryl Sulphosuccinate, Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Organic Lemon Myrtle Oil (Backhousia Citriodora), Litsea Cubeba Oil *Citral, *Limonene, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £9.95 each (£12.50 online).

Year Of Original Release: 2015.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP