Recently

16 September 2018

Eyeball Bath Bomb




In theory, I should be much more invested in the Halloween range than the Christmas collection. Not only do the fragrances in the former release tend to be more to my liking, but the colours and themes suit my personality far more than the reds and sparkly pinks that the Christmas range brings about. Yet, this year I've been slightly underwhelmed by the products on offer, and here's why.

While I will always relish at the thought of a new product, I wasn't exactly blown away by the design or the smell of Eyeball Bath Bomb. For starters, the name itself is rather uninspiring, even though it does really suit the spooky theme that the whole range is going for. With Lush normally being so clever with their words, the name Eyeball sounds almost as disappointing as calling a bath bomb simply 'bomb'. Something more along the lines of 'Eye Can See You' would have been a little more clever.

Although I do appreciate the unique scent of this bath bomb, and I am glad it is being shared for those newer Lush fans who have never had the opportunity to try it, there is definitely nothing very Halloween-like about the smell at all. In fact, I would almost say that the aroma is a little too 'pretty' to stand alongside the other members of this range.

Having said that, as I mentioned above, I do really enjoy this fragrance. Sharing its scent with Softy Bath Bomb, Noriko Soap and the Christmas Hedgehog Bubble Bar, Eyeball is made from a combination of rose, lavender, orange and ylang ylang, which together produce something rather delicate but equally as alluring, and very different from your typical floral smell.

As I have stated in some of the above reviews, I have found this scent family very difficult to describe as well as I'd usually do. What I will say is that the scent is a very light and delicate one. At the forefront, both the lavender and the rose absolute make the biggest impression. The former ingredient offers a fresh, herbal and very cooling note of lavender, while the rose absolute brings a gentle layer of sweet floral without being at all overbearing. 

While you cannot really detect the orange all that much, I do feel as if it elevates and uplifts both the herbal and floral properties, without adding anything fruity or citrusy. I honestly think that the orange works more with the lavender at allowing it to be so fresh and natural smelling.

Ultimately, I would describe Eyeball Bath Bomb as possessing a 'quiet-smelling' fragrance, yet it is not one that is in any way weak or short-lasting. In fact, I was rather impressed that its potency was very evident during my entire bathing experience, and I was still able to smell the different components even when I was using other products alongside it.

In the tub, the bath bomb immediately begins to foam up and send out waves of white suds across the surface. At the same time, the eye begins to bleed out a vivid trail of orange, which is perhaps the most Halloween part about this product. In addition, the black pupil bleeds out alongside this, and you're left with the three colours accumulating in patterns across the water.

Eyeball is quite a slow fizzer, so while the main 'show' takes about ten minutes to complete, there will still be chunks of the bath bomb dissolving as you're bathing. This means that the fragrance keeps on giving throughout the whole experience, and you're left with a wonderful reddish peach coloured water, which only serves to make you feel even warmer.

What I appreciated most about this bath bomb was that the water was silky smooth afterwards, so my skin felt super moisturised and soft - just in time for the beginning of a new work week. While I did choose to moisturise afterwards, this was more out of habit then because I needed to.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to detect the scent of this for very long after towelling myself down, which would have been a welcome bonus for those wanting to use one of these before bed. However, the fragrance was robust enough to see me through the entire forty-five minutes that I was laying in the bath tub, so that's impressive in itself.   

This is a great bath bomb to use before bed as the gentle scent of lavender will help to soothe and relax your body and mind before sleeping. While it's an odd pairing: an eyeball and such a gentle aroma, there is definitely something different about this fragrance that may appeal to those who dislike the spicy, or rather potent, scents that the Halloween range usually offers. I do think I would buy another one of these at some point in the future but it's definitely not my favourite seasonal release.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Cream of Tartar, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, Cocamidopropyl, Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 77266, Colour 77491, Colour 15850:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Christmas Hedgehog Bubble Bar
Eyeball Bath Bomb
Noriko Soap

Softy Bath Bomb





coming soon!




No comments

Post a Comment


UP