Recently

17 September 2018

Ectoplasm Shower Scream



It was a few weeks ago when I first heard about the products that were rumoured to be coming out for the Halloween range, and my excitement at there being a brand new shower cream was definitely at the top of my agenda. While my dwindling Lush collection suggests that I have fallen out of love with their shower range, I can safely say that my lust for the magical coloured liquids is definitely as heated as ever.

Ectoplasm Shower Scream is a brand new product for this year's seasonal release, and not only does the fluorescent shade make it easily the most stunning shower cream that the company have ever produced, but it also adds an extra fun factor to enjoy in the shower as well. When using this, I really felt as if I was hosting a one woman neon dance party all up in my bathroom. Rock 'n' Roll...or something...

Based on the Ectoplasm Jelly Bomb, this limited edition definitely lives up to its name. With a generous helping of tangerine oil, juice and water, and a splash of grapefruit oil for good measure, this shower cream is as fruity as its design suggests. However, I have used the word 'based' because to my nose it doesn't really smell all that close to it's older sibling at all. 

In the bottle, Ectoplasm smells very much like a fruit juice. Imagine pouring yourself a glass of freshly squeezed tangerine juice, and squirting in a little grapefruit zest as an afterthought, and you may begin to understand what this seasonal shower scream smells like. And this is how and why it differs from the aforementioned jelly bomb.

Although the bomb contains both tangerine and grapefruit oils, the extra helping of tangerine in this shower cream means that the tangerine definitely dominates the overall fragrance. Both before and during use, the tangerine creates a bright, fruity fragrance to play with, while the grapefruit adds a delicate sourness to the mix that you can detect during your experience as well. Whereas I would describe Ectoplasm Jelly Bomb as being fruity and a little sherbety as well, this shower scream is more straight forward fruity.

What I found disappointing was that I really appreciated the scent of the jelly bomb, as the two main components, along with the format itself, gave off a sweet, fruity and slightly zesty scent. However, in this shower cream format, I found that the two key ingredients didn't gel as well together, and I felt as if some of the magic was slightly lost from the fragrance itself.

Having said that, Ectoplasm Shower Scream is a thick and very moisturising product to use. While I didn't expect it to lather up as well as a shower gel, as the inclusion of the cocoa butter tends to remove some of the cream's potential to lather well, I was able to manipulate the product well enough to clean my entire body with. In fact, I found that the cream was super generous when massaging across my body, and I didn't need much of it at all in a single use.

Furthermore, the inclusion of the different oils helps to cleanse your skin really well and clean out your pores at the same time. After using this on my face, I found that my skin appeared more vibrant and radiant, and my mood was elevated somewhat as well. 

What I enjoyed about this limited edition was the fact that the hot water helped to elevate the fragrance somewhat, so this would be a fantastic product to use first thing in the morning. Having said that, I found that the scent didn't really stick around for long after it had been washed away, and I was disappointed to find that I wasn't able to detect the smell of this afterwards on my skin. 

I think due to the nature of the citrus ingredients present, this was always going to be a problem for Ectoplasm, although it's definitely an enjoyable product to use whilst it's in use. Perhaps the inclusion of the different perfume formats will mean that I can extend the scent a little further after my shower.

Overall, I cannot say that I was all too blown away by the outcome of this shower cream, although I can definitely see the appeal. While it smells nice and has a wonderful colour to boot, this is not one that made a big enough impression on me. Therefore, this is not one I would be interested in buying again.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Almond Oil, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tangerine Water, Lauryl Betaine, *Limonene, Tangerine Oil, Tangerine Juice, Fresh Grapefruit Juice, Fine Sea Salt, Grapefruit Oil, Litsea, Cubeba Oil, *Citral, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 59040.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.50 for 100g, £10.95 for 260g, £18.25 for 520g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Ectoplasm Jelly Bath Bomb
Ectoplasm Liquid Perfume
Ectoplasm Naked Shower Scream
Ectoplasm Shower Scream
Ectoplasm Solid Perfume


Ectoplasm Washcard



No comments

Post a Comment


UP