Recently

24 September 2018

Goddess Bath Bomb




There hasn't been a bath bomb this hyped since Roller - there must be something about the colour purple that sends people into a frenzy. However, despite not being a big fan of Ariana Grande - of whom the bath bomb is inspired by - there are just so many amazing things to say about the new Goddess Bath Bomb.

While influenced by the pop singer, this bath bomb is about empowerment and strong feminine energy; it's about celebrating womanhood and all of the amazing feats that women face and conquer every single day. We are certainly amazing creatures and this bath bomb epitomises everything that I love about Lush.

Unfortunately for most people, Goddess only made itself known at the Lush Showcase event, and while it's currently available online, it's labelled as an exclusive which means it'll probably only be available for a limited time. As it's one of 89 exclusive bath bombs making their way over to the new 'bath only' store in Tokyo, I'm sure this will be removed from the website in due time. For this reason, a lot of fans of the artist/Lush will simply miss out on trying this wonderful product, and I only wish it didn't live up to expectations so that I could bring some relief to those who have been unlucky in finding one for themselves.

However, I should probably state right now that Goddess is a truly wonderful bath bomb, in so many ways. Firstly, the outer design is a work of art. Almost spherical, this limited edition is dipped on one side and features an odd flat edge on the other side of the sphere. Although I have yet to understand whether this holds any meaning, I've wondered whether or not it represents that all women have different sides, and that we're chiselled pieces of art work ourselves.

While the coved side is a vibrant shade of violet, the rounded side is made from layers of pastel white, silver and gold. To look at, this beauty doesn't deserve to be dipped into water, and there was a part of me imagined how amazing this would be if made into a cup. In addition, there is lustre within the bath bomb as well as dusted on top, which gives Goddess a gentle sparkle when it touches the light.

Scent wise, this is actually far more reserved than I was expecting. Containing jasmine as the main ingredient, this bath bomb offers a very gentle and very light floral scent, with a little magical musk to give it a natural sweetness. Whether or not you enjoy floral smells, I cannot imagine anyone disliking the smell of this one, as it is so subtle to my nose. In all fairness, that's as far as the scent goes. It's definitely not the most interesting, or the most complex. However, it's gentle enough to calm your mood after a long day and feel like a Goddess in the bath bomb.

What was impressive about this bath bomb was the wonderful display it showcased when it hit the water. It was a fairly fast fizzer - sending thick waves of fluffy white lather laced with threads of purple and silver across the surface, and the sound of the fizzing just made everything seem even better to my ears. Furthermore, once it had fully dissolved, the water remained a pastel shade of violet throughout the whole experience, which was lovely. 

Impressively, I found that this bath bomb was super moisturising. I could feel how thick it felt around my body and my skin felt instantly softer and smoother to the touch. After getting out of the bath almost an hour after first hopping in, it was safe to say that I felt very much like a Goddess - as my skin had a glow to it that I don't usually see after a long day's work.

The only let down I found with this bath bomb was the fact that I couldn't seem to detect the smell very much when I was in the tub. Even without using any strong products alongside it, I couldn't smell the jasmine at all, so you can probably guess that I wasn't able to detect it on my skin afterwards either.

Overall, this bath bomb represents a great message; looks absolutely stunning before and during use; and is definitely one that I hope makes an appearance somewhere else, so that other fans across the globe can get their hands on one to at least try once. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Jasmine Absolute, Osmanthus Absolute, Rose Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Oudh Oil, Cream of Tartar, Fair Trade Colombian Cocoa Butter, Water (Aqua), Cornstarch, Argan Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, DRF Alcohol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Tin Oxide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Maltodextrin, Laureth 4, *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool,Perfume, Colour 77491, Colour 42090:1, Colour 45430:1, Colour 42090, Colour 19140, Colour 17200, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018

Scent Family: 
Goddess Bath Bomb
Zen Soap



No comments

Post a Comment


UP