Recently

27 September 2018

Herbal Green Tea Giant Bombshell





Lush have always been great at harnessing nature and putting it into some form of cosmetic format. Some of their fragrances are simply stunning, and I've never come across another company who have done it so well - hence why I am always waiting in anticipation to see when the next unique aroma should arrive. And it has.

While admittedly not my favourite out of the five limited edition bombshells, Herbal Green Tea was quick to make a big impression on me. For starters, the verdant colour of the design was an instant draw. My favourite could has always been green, for as far back as I can remember, and this beautiful, earthy shade won me over before I had even had a chance to sniff the thing.

Containing so many key ingredients, I was expecting this bombshell to be a little too overwhelming for my nose, but was instead impressed and in awe by how beautifully each component complimented the other. Although the word herbal is in the title, this is definitely both herbal and floral: perhaps one of the most  perfect combinations of the two that I have ever experienced from Lush.

Sharing its scent with Flowering Tea Reusable Bubble Bar, this exclusive product offers a generous helping of orange flower absolute, which I believe is the strongest note. This naturally sweet and musky aroma works alongside the neroli and the jasmine to offer a rich but yet equally warming floral smell. Neither of these two latter ingredients overpower the other: instead working in unison to create something powerful but not intoxicatingly strong.

As I stated in my review of Flowering Tea, the smell of this is very much like walking through a green house during the summer time, when the fresh flowers and plants have been left to sweat a little and release some of their magic. Coupled with the fresh peppermint and sage that featured in the centre, this was a well balanced and very relaxing bath. Luckily, the inclusion of the green tea powder only served to add a gentle herbal tone underneath, and didn't drown out the floral with it's strength. Furthermore, I didn't find the inclusion of the green tea did anything in the way of stopping me from being able to sleep - which some people may have been worried about given the caffeine content before bed.  

The idea of a bombshell is that it has been customised for you. When purchasing the from the Showcase event, I was asked to choose from a selection fresh of plants, flowers and herbs to go into the centre, before the employee sealed the bomb with a piece of natural raffia. The price tag reflects not only the size of the bomb and the fresh Forna that has gone into finishing the product, but the unique experience you go through to create a one-of-a-kind bath bomb.

In my review of Pink Floral Giant Bombshell, I made it clear that the price tag was definitely over budget for most people, and I stand by that for this particular bombshell as well. However, I can see the appeal to a select few consumers who may wish to purchase something unique to them or their loved one, and I'm sure Lush will continue to reformulate their ideas to something a little more affordable in the future.   

In the water, Herbal Green Tea was a fast fizzer, much like all of the bombshells in this range. In under two minutes, the entire bomb had dissolved, and I was left with a range alluring but equally terrifying mess across my bath tub. I assume it was the green tea powder that caused this to happen but this particular bombshell created a blanket of large, gloppy bubbles that fizzed and popped for a good minute or so before popping. While it looked pretty disgusting, and not to everyone's tastes, I found myself rather fascinated with the unique experience.

Unfortunately, I found that this bombshell left smears of green around the outside of my tub, and the weird trails of green, swamp-like mess that stayed around for most go my bath, left me with no choice but to shower afterwards to ensure that I was fully clean.

Having said that, I was super impressed to find that the fragrance lingered around for a long time on my skin, it remained in the bathroom almost three hours after I had rinsed away the water. Furthermore, the water felt super moisturising whilst I was bathing myself, and I was able to opt out of using a body lotion afterwards to retain the moisture in my skin. 

Overall, this is definitely too expensive for a regular investment, but I can see why it would be appealing for those looking for something a little more personal. Lush would definitely benefit by bringing this out as a regular bath bomb, as I much prefer this to the Flowering Tea Reusable Bubble Bar. I definitely enjoyed using this in my bath.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Green Tea Powder, Jasmine Absolute, Neroli Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Rosewood Oil, Gardenia Extract, Water.


Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £18 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Flowering Tea Reusable Bubble Bar

Herbal Green Tea Bombshell




coming soon!

No comments

Post a Comment


UP