Recently

5 September 2018

Sparkling Red Slippers Bubble Bar




Way back in 2005, Lush released a bubble bar called Ruby Red Slippers: A homage to the iconic shoes from Wizard Of Oz. Little did the realise that it would become a huge hit amongst the Lush community, most notably because of the wonderful aroma that dazzled consumers during the Christmas period that year. Some 11 years later and Sparkling Slippers Bubble Bar shows up for the Christmas season of 2016, with little changes made aside from the shape of the bar itself.

Sharing the same scent as Potion Body LotionAlmond Kisses Facial Moisturiser to name a few, this limited edition has been created for those who enjoy a more rounded, old-fashioned floral aroma. Rose, tangerine, carnation and geranium all go into making this fragrance one of the most iconic ones that Lush have ever created - in my opinion. 

A combination of the rose and geranium gives off a strong scent of carnations as the main note in this fragrance. It's a rich and very sensual floral fragrance with just a sprinkling of sweetness from the tangerine oil, which rounds the scent and adds a layer of warmth overall. It's a unique scent that can definitely be classed as a very modern smell. However, there are elements here that play homage to older, more mature smelling floral aromas, which is why I think it would appeal to consumers of all ages.

Much like Ruby Red Slippers, I was expecting Sparkling Red Slippers to offer the same wonderful experience that I had had years before. As with most bubble bars, I tend to crumble them under the tap and this helps me to produce the most amount of bubbles. I then stimulate more bubbles by swishing my hands throughout the water before the tub is completely full. When I did this with half of this bubble bar, I was very surprised to see a surplus amount of bubbles building up across the surface of the water, and these bubble remained mostly with me until the end of my experience.  

To add to the beautiful experience, the bubble bar turned my water a beautiful shade of scarlet red, which although hidden underneath the layers of bubbles, stayed vibrant until the very end. This just made the experience even more magical for me and I really felt like royalty whilst I was bathing.  


The addition of red glitter, which I was worried about in the beginning, only intensified the bathing experience. The glitter tended to immerse itself amongst the bubbles, whilst some floated beautifully on top of the bath water and shimmered under the bathroom light. Thankfully, all of it washed away easily when I pulled the plug and I didn't have to clean up afterwards, aside from rinsing the tub with the shower hose.

One of the aspects that I disliked about Ruby Red Slippers was that it tended to 'age' really quickly when being stored. I found that after only a couple of weeks, the bar was harder than it had been in the beginning, and proved to be a little bit more difficult to use under the running tap. Coincidentally, I found that this was the same for Sparkling Red Slippers as well. I'm guessing the combination of ingredients were similar enough in both products to cause the same reaction to the atmosphere of my room.

Interestingly, the scent of this bubble bar did remain on my skin for a short while after exiting the bath, and I enjoyed the gentle notes of geranium and rose on my body, and on my bedsheets. This is definitely a bubble bar that I would use again: it's certainly very comforting, especially during the winter months.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Carnation Absolute (Dianthus caryophyllus), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 14700, Red Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate).* Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2016.

Scent Family:
Almond Kisses Facial Moisturiser 
Holiday Bubble Bar
Potion Body Lotion
Potion Liquid Perfume
Ruby Red Slippers Bubble Bar
Santa Monica Ballistic 

Sparkling Red Slippers Bubble Bar


No comments

Post a Comment


UP