Recently

9 September 2018

Yummy Mummy Body Lotion



While people outside of Lush may question the sanity of buying ten large pots of body lotion in a single hit, ordering all of the limited edition lotions last week and handing over almost £150, seemed nothing short of normal for myself. With such an array of different fragrances to choose from, I would have been hard-pressed trying to choose only one in the first place.

When they arrived, it didn't take me long to figure out which one I was going to try first. Given that Yummy Mummy is my favourite ever shower cream from Lush, the idea of pairing this with a body lotion was too much of a temptation. For this reason, I couldn't wait to rip off the lid and lavish my skin with this limited edition.

In all fairness, upon first sniff I was rather disappointed: the lotion didn't smell at all that strong (a recurring theme I found with many of this latest batch) and the scent was closer to that of the original shower gel than the cream. While I love both versions, it is the wholesome thread of strawberry laced throughout the latter that wins my heart every time.

For this reason, I was a little taken back that the geranium seemed to be equally as present as the strawberry juice. However, when I began to use it on my skin, I was captivated once again by the allure of my favourite scent. To put it simply: Yummy Mummy Body Lotion smells identical to that of the shower cream it is trying to mimic. I even used both products side by side and found that I wasn't able to determine any difference between the two. That makes me a very happy lushie. 

For those who have never tried this wonderful scent before, this gorgeous body lotion smells like a river of strawberry juice laced with a gentle touch of geranium, to give the fragrance a beautiful, cloudy floral note. The two combined make it more than just a simple fruity smell: there is an elegance to it that makes it more rounded and delicate. Alongside this, a powdery layer of tonka adds a rich, creaminess to it that makes Yummy Mummy so unique, and yet so modern as well.

Upon the skin, the fragrance elevates at the touch of your warmth. While I thought I could perhaps smell the base in the pot, as the smell wasn't particularly strong, on my skin I could smell each of the three elements that make this scent family so incredible. 

Fans of the shower cream will relish in how wonderful it feels to be able to smell this on your skin, long after you've applied it. I found that I could still smell the lotion strongly, two hours after I had originally used it, and by the end of the third hour I could still detect the strawberry layer, albeit fairly faintly.

As for the consistency itself, Yummy Mummy is rather thick and wholesome - similar to that of Maypole Lotion from the Lush Kitchen. So while you don't need much at all to lather across your body, you do need to work a little harder at massaging it properly into your skin. This lotion tends to stay on the surface of the skin for a few minutes, as it's rather heavy. Having said this, within five minutes of application, I could feel how lovely and soft my skin felt, and I was able to reapply my clothing without causing any greasy marks. 

The next day I was impressed that my skin still felt plump, and looked rather radiant - especially on my face and legs. The orange oil and strawberry juice definitely improve the vibrancy of my skin very quickly, and I assume with time that this will only serve to help my skin even further. 

While I haven't had a lot of time to see how effective this body lotion is long-term, the immediate results speak for themselves. I'm definitely going to find it very difficult to not use this every day - given how wonderful the smell is and how amazing it makes my skin feels. This is definitely a body lotion that I would use regularly, if it was released in stores.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Almond Oil, Glycerine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Jojoba Oil, Stearic Acid, Organic Illipe Butter, Triethanolamine, Fresh Strawberry Juice, Geranium Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Tonka Absolute, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, *Citronellol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 45410, Colour 42090. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £14.95 for 225g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.



Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Olibanum Oil, Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 45350, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £5.25.

Scent Family:
D'Fluff Shaving Soap
The Drummers Drumming Reusable Bubble Bar
Fairy Tail Sugar Scrub
Flutterby Bubble Bar
Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar
Mrs Whippy Ballistic
Peeping Santa Bubbleroon
Peeping Santa Liquid Perfume
Roller Bath Bomb
Strawberry Bombshell Lip Tint
Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
Strawberry Santa Soap
Yummy Mummy Body Conditioner
Yummy Mummy Body Lotion
Yummy Mummy Shower Gel
Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel
Yummy Mummy Shower Cream

2 comments

  1. For extraordinary Lip Products tips have a look on our profile hauteher cosmo tips Solution for natural beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your blog. Very Informative! If you are looking the perfumes for men and women, cologne, Body Lotion, Celebrity Scents, Gift Sets online in the USA. So Para Fragrance is the best option for you. It is one of the reputed fragrance stores. For more detail visit our website.

    Best After Shave Lotion
    Body Lotion for men
    Best Scents for Men
    Best Female Perfume

    ReplyDelete


UP