Recently

11 September 2018

Avocado No Wash Body Lotion



I remember when I prized back the wrapper on my first ever piece of Avocado Cowash: it was like a sensory overload as my brain tried to decide whether I should sink my teeth into it or find some way to permanently attach it to my nose. Luckily, I managed to calm down long enough to do a little research into what it was and how it should have been used, and I went to bed that night without making a solid hair care product a feature at the dinner table.

Out of almost one hundred other brand new products that were released for the opening of the Oxford Street store, Avocado Cowash, alongside Cup 'O Coffee Scrub, became my highest rated releases. To this day, they are both up there as being some of my all time favourite products, so you can imagine how excited I was to be receiving a tub of Avocado No Wash earlier this week. 

With the recent release of Avocado Wash Shower Gel, there was clearly a market for this scent family, which is why I was not surprised at all that this was one of the ten limited edition lotions that the Lush Kitchen decided to make. What surprised me even more though was how well the company were able to replicate the scent of the original Cowash when it came to this lotion.

To put it simply: Avocado No Wash Body Lotion smells identical to the original hair care product. Whereas the shower gel was a little stronger and the lime element appeared far brighter and and perhaps a little fruitier in this format, this limited edition lotion would fool anyone having to guess between the two products.

There is something so comforting and wonderful about lifting the tub to my nose and smelling the familiar thread of fruity lime compote. What makes it special is that there is something rather delicate and yet beautifully fruity about the scent of this lotion: it reminds me of a rich, lime cream cheese finish on top of a freshly-made cheesecake: it's so sweet and makes your mouth salivate without being at all zesty or overzealous with how much of the citrus element comes to play. 

On the skin, this beautiful lotion reacts to the warmth of your body and produces a thick but not overly potent scent. While I would always be disappointed with a lotion that wasn't particularly strong, there is something about the gentleness of Avocado No Wash that makes it more appealing being slightly more reserved. I'm not for one second saying that this body lotion is at all weak in scent: just that it is delicate in the way it presents itself.

While it looks rather thick in the tub, this lotion was surprisingly easy to massage across the skin, and a pea size amount will easily moisturise both arms and hands at the same time. Within a matter of seconds, the lotion has absorbed into the skin, so you're not left at all greasy. However, it does leave a gentle shine on the surface for a good half an hour so you may get a few compliments regarding the vibrancy of your skin. 

After applying it first thing in the morning, I found that I wasn't able to smell it near around the 90 minute mark, so it's definitely not as long-lasting as some of the other limited edition body lotions. Having said that, it does leave a lasting impression on the condition of your skin. After trying this out for two days in a row, I've noticed that my skin seems softer to the touch, and it doesn't appear as dry or as taut in the evenings.

The inclusion of the avocado oils and butters definitely have an impact here, as I found it moisturised my skin better than the likes of Sultana and Calacas. These, coupled with the cocoa and illipe butters means that those with oiler skin may wish to use this sparingly. I can imagine that it could cause your skin to become rather oily if used too often.

Overall, the only aspect that stops this body lotion being a full six out of six is the fact that the scent isn't as withstanding on the skin as some of the other lotions. Aside from that, it's the perfect replica of Avocado Co Wash and will definitely be giving me the many winter hugs I shall be craving come the colder months of the year. Another big success from the Lush Kitchen.    

Quantitative Ingredients: Almond Oil, Rosemary Infusion, Lavender Flower Infusion, Nettle Infusion, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Jojoba Oil, Stearic Acid, Organic Avocado Oil, Avocado Butter, Organic Illipe Butter, Triethanolamine, Bergamot Oil, Litsea, Cubeba Oil, Olibanum Oil, Gardenia Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene, Glycol, Amyl Cinnamal, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Cinnamal, *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Chlorophyllin, Colour 42090:2, Colour 19140.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £15.95 for 225g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.
Scent Family:
Avocado Cowash Body Spray
Avocado Cowash
Avocado No Wash Body Lotion
Avocado Wash Shower Gel
Don't Touch My Hair Hair Marshmallow
Melusine Bath Bomb

Minamisoma Shower Oil

No comments

Post a Comment


UP