Recently

4 May 2019

Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds Bath Bomb




There are some staple Lush products that I can return to again and again and know that I'll get an excellent experience no matter what's going on around me. These are the items that keep my heart bound to a company, that I believe occasionally go a bit wayward when it comes to the quality of their releases sometimes.

Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds is one such gem: a beautiful bubble bar made from an amalgamation of light blue and white swirls; and pertaining a scent that would soothe even the most savage of beasts. In fact, the scent of this regular-line bubble bar is one of my favourite that Lush have ever produced, and finding out that the company were releasing it in bath bomb format simply filled me with elation. And it didn't disappoint.

As soon as this bath bomb hit the water, it began to fizzle and crackle, sending out foam-like waves of pale blue and white streams across the surface. While a reasonably slow fizzer, this bath bomb did seem to produce a lot of colour in a short amount of time, and before I knew it there was a silky-soft blanket across the water. 

After a couple of minutes, Blue Skies finally subsided: leaving behind a wonderful translucent blue water, with the tiniest hint of silver sparkles under the surface. Yet, what I found most impressive was the fact that the fragrance of this bath bomb was super robust and resistant, and was one of the strongest bath products I have had in a while.

Containing patchouli, frankincense and cinnamon as the three main notes, this bath bomb is perfectly designed to calm your mind and relax your body. The patchouli offers both a spicy, warming note, whilst also grounding the overall fragrance with a touch of earthiness as well. The cinnamon dances with the spicy element of the latter ingredient, and adds its own note to compliment and intensify the aroma.

Finally, the frankincense brings all of the other components together and adds its own sweet, woodiness to seal the deal. Utterly unique in fragrance, this is one of those products that you just simply have to try from Lush to appreciate how unique this creation is. No matter how much of a wordsmith somebody may think they are, they could never fully bring this aroma to life. I needs to be experienced.

As if the scent and performance wasn't enough, frankincense is known for both  rejuvenating the condition of the skin, and helping to soothe and calm the mind as well. And this is exactly what Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds did for me. I felt super relaxed and ready for bed after my bath, and my skin felt silky soft and smooth. In fact, I found that I didn't need to moisturise afterwards, which was a welcome bonus.

Overall, I expected this bath bomb to win me over and I am super grateful that it did. If you love the bubble bar, you'll love this rendition as well. Equally, if you're not a fan of this scent family, you'll probably not get much out of using one of these. This bath bomb has one of the calmest, most interesting scents that Lush currently offer, and I hope it sticks around for a long time. I will be buying this again in the future.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Patchouli Oil, Frankincense Resinoid, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Cream of Tartar, Titanium Dioxide, Water (Aqua), Sodium Coco Sulfate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Tin Oxide, Amyl Cinnamal, *Eugenol, *Limonene, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP