Recently

8 May 2019

Black FUN Bar



When Lush unleashed the gazillions of new exclusive products in their Liverpool superstore, a part of me wanted to collapse into a heap and wave my flag of surrender to the world. The truth is: I just cannot keep up any more with all of the company's releases, and there have been times when I have wanted to give up and direct my energy and attention onto another project.

However, if there is one thing I have learnt about being an avid Lush fan, it's that the community is even more amazing than the products themselves. The number of people who reached out to me: gave up their time and their energy, to get me a handful of these exclusives, made me realise first and foremost just how incredible a 'people' we are. 

Black FUN happens to be one of eleven exclusive bars that I have managed to get my hands on, and was picked first simply because it was the first one out of my box. Having not researched these bars very much beforehand, I was super surprised to find that this little gem shares its scent with the Blackberry Bath Bomb, and all of the products in the Sultana Of Skin range
Both rich and sultry, there is something really special about how the fruitiness of the key ingredients come together in this collaboration. For those who have had no prior experience of this fragrance, I can only describe it as a warming, resinous combination of olibanum, with almost a honey-like sweetness that offers a warm hug every single time you use it. For those who love this aroma, you may be pleased to learn that this bar of FUN replicates the aroma perfectly.

As with all of the other FUN bars that Lush offer, this one is versatile in how you use it and does a great job in each role. Firstly, this is a great replacement for either your shower jelly, soap or gel. Simply take a small piece (about the size of a grape), wet it under the shower hose and massage it directly across your body. The bar foams up a treat and produces an impressive amount of light, fluffy lather that can be distributed across your skin with ease.

Just like Lush's shower gels, this bar leaves your skin really clean and with a sweet, resinous fragrance to accompany you for a good hour or so after your shower. While it's not as moisturising as the gels and jellies, I don't find FUN bars to be as drying on the skin as soap can be, even though they don't offer the complex scents you'd expect with Lush soaps.  

Secondly, FUN can be used in much the same way as a bubble bar: crumbling a small piece under the running tap to produce some bubbles as part of a cocktail. What I will say is that you don't get much more than just a light shade of grey in the water, when using this particular one, and it's definitely not as moisturising as an actual bubble bar. However, I did find that I could smell the bubble bar alongside the bath bomb I added as well, and the bubbles did tend to stick around for a short while before dissolving away.

Finally, FUN can be used as a replacement for a shampoo. While I haven't tried this (due to the number of new shampoos that Lush have unleashed on us recently) I can imagine it would lather up well and leave your hair smelling super gorgeous afterwards.
My only concern with Black FUN, as it always is with any of Lush's FUN bars, is that you need to store this properly to prevent it from becoming a sticky mess at the side of your bath. While I love the fact that it's not in pot so it saves on packaging, you will need to keep this FUN Bar cool and dry in between showers. I would suggest breaking off a few pieces and storing them in a pot, away from any possible running water, as this will prolong the life of the bar. 

For £3.95, this little 100g bar isn't the most expensive of investments, but it is a little more than I would want to pay for what is mostly cornflour and talc. Having said this, the scent works really well with this colour and in this format, and it's nice to be able to enjoy this fragrance in the shower, especially since I have run out of Sultana Shower Gel.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Bergamot Oil, Olibanum Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, *Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Perfume, Colour 77491, Colour 77266.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £3.95 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP