Recently

25 May 2019

#Gains Protein Spray



Out of every product that Lush have ever produced, this one spoke to me more than any other. When two worlds collide: #Gains not only appeals to me from the perspective of a consumer looking to improve the quality of my hair, but also in the sense that I'm an avid weight lifter and constantly focussed on getting in some 'gains' myself.

When the bottle arrived, I couldn't contain my excitement and began to use it right away. All I will say is that is didn't take me very long to recognise - and see with my very own eyes - the benefits that this purple beauty has to offer, and my hair has been grateful ever since. 

First made available in the Liverpool store a couple of months ago, this spray then made a reappearance last month as part of the Lush Labs release, and there's a reason that it sold out so quickly. With an impressive and equally intriguing list of ingredients that have gone into making the product, there's no wonder it's proving to be so popular. So where should I start...
To begin with, the scent of this is incredibly yummy and definitely what you'd describe as a 'foody' scent. While ultimately I don't think that a product's smell is all that important, unless it's a bath product, #Gains offers a rounded fruity aroma that smells a like bubble gum to my nose, albeit a little more sultry and rich.

For those who haven't been able to visit Asia and experience fresh jackfruit for themselves, you wouldn't really be able to compare it to the scent of this protein spray. However, the fragrance definitely has a sweet and rather interesting syrup-like fruity twist that reminds me of the taste of the fruit itself. The smell of this is unlike anything else that Lush have released before, so I cannot even compare it to anything to give you an idea of what to expect. 

To use, you need to spray on towelled dry hair and then comb through to allow for equal coverage. I have rather thin hair, although it sits roughly halfway over my boobs, and I found that 4-5 sprays was enough to coat my entire hair and experience some wonderful results. To be fair, I think it's worth trialing it out for yourself to see how much you need, but my above example should act as a rough guideline. To much of this and I found that my hair became flat and rather lifeless, so it's important you find the right balance for your own locks.

Once your hair has dried, you will immediately begin to notice the results. Firstly, I could both feel and see that my hair appeared thicker, especially towards the end where I had put on a little more of the spray after combing through my initial squirts. I was able to wear my hair down without it looking thin, and when I ran my hand through my hair, I could feel that the spray had added a little volume.
What impressed me the most however was how quickly the condition of my hair turned itself around. Within a week of using this, I found that there were less strands falling out of my hair whenever I brushed my locks. I could also see that my hair just looked healthier and shinier, and my split ends didn't feel as dry and brittle as they had done beforehand.

While immediately impressions might be that the 100g bottles that they come in might not very long, I have been using mine daily for the last three weeks, and have only just gone below the the label line towards the top of the bottle. If you're somebody whose hair isn't particularly dire, a few times a week is more than enough to add some goodness your locks, and your 100g bottle would diminish even slower than mine.

Ultimately, my only qualm with #Gains is that the aroma tends to fade after about 45 minutes, which is a shame as I love it when a product can double up as a hair perfume as well. However, I am really happy with how this product has improved my hair in such a short space of time, and I cannot imagine this leaving my daily routine now. A great little number from Lush.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), DRF Alcohol, Alfalfa Juice, Jackfruit Puree, Fresh Wheatgrass Juice, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Perfume, Ethyl Macadamiate, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, Fresh Lemon Juice, Behentrimonium chloride, Clove Bud Oil, Geranium Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Cetrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Arginine, HCL, Leucine, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, *Anise Alcohol, *Citral, *Citronellol, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Linalool, Colour 60725.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £15 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP