Recently

13 May 2019

Flower Power Bath Bomb




Flower Power is one of two bath bombs from the recent mass-release that features a muslin cloth wrapped around it. While aesthetically pleasing, the purpose behind these designs is to prevent the many 'bits' from escaping and find their way into the water. As this bomb features a heap of sunflower petals as part of its design, this biodegradable cloth does all of the 'cleaning' so you don't have to.

One of 54 bath bombs brought out for the Harajuku store, this is definitely one for the floral fans to pick up. Containing lime, rose and rosewood oils, this beautiful bath bomb smells like a bouquet of flowers, with a gorgeous woody undertone to give the overall scent a muskiness unlike any other. This latter component helps to give Flower Power a rich, powdery layer that makes this one of the best floral fragrances I have experienced from Lush in a while.
Unfortunately, when this bath bomb was placed in the water, I found out pretty quickly that I wasn't going to get much in the way of bath art at all. While it offered a delightful crackle as it was dissolving, Flower Power produced next to nothing in the way of colour, and my tub was left with only a slightly yellow tinge once it had finished.

When compared to Deep Sleep - the other bath bomb released with the muslin wrapping, I feel as if Lush could have simply added a single colour to the ingredients list, and the bath bomb would have impressed me a whole of a lot more. While colour isn't everything, when I treat myself to a bath, I do expect to see some sort of colour in my water.

There is always the option for you to open the muslin cloth and allow for the sunflower petals to decorate the surface of the water. However, to me that almost defeats the point of this bath bomb having the muslin cloth to begin with, and the mess it would make would probably not counteract the amount of enjoyment I would get out of bathing with petals everywhere. 

What I will say is that Flower Power leaves a lasting impression on the water in terms of moisture. Once it had dissolved, I was able to see a slight glimmer across the water, and my skin felt amazing within minutes of submerging myself beneath the surface. This feeling continued after I had exited the tub, and I didn't need to moisture afterwards either.
Furthermore, the fragrance itself also lingers around during the whole experience, and even leaves a little muskiness on your skin afterwards, which I appreciated. In fact, I would still smell the scent of the sunflowers and the rose on my skin for a good two to three hours after I had towelled myself down. This latter point made me recognise how wonderful this scent would be as a perfume; not that I particularly want Lush to release anything new at the moment.

Ultimately, Flower Power would be so much more impressive if there was some sort of bath art to enjoy when using it. For the price you pay, you should be getting more than just a muslin cloth and a handful of sunflower petals. While the bath bomb has been award four out of six, this is mostly due to its wonderful scent, and how it made my skin feel. However, it only scraped this verdict by the skin of its teeth.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Honeysuckle, Meadowsweet, Sunflower Petals, Lime Oil, Rose Oil, Rosewood Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Citronellol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.
Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.




coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP