Recently

12 May 2019

Apple FUN Bar




There is just something about green-coloured products that excite me more than any other. Whether it's simply because green happens to be my favourite colour, or because I associate the colour with nature and natural smells (hence the reason why it's my favourite colour!), my heart beats a little faster when I see that familiar shade appear across my screen. 

As far as FUN Bars go, Apple is easily one of the most vibrant ones to date, and whether it's a subconscious pairing of the colour and scent together, the smell of the So White fragrance just seems that little bit more delicious than it does in every other formats.

Replicating this popular scent family perfectly, this little bar of Fun features an array of ingredients that create a crisp, refreshing and very fruity apple aroma. Imagine biting into a perfectly sweet and delicately sour Granny Smith apple, and you'll be able to smell this product before you've even had a chance to purchase it.
As with all of the other FUN bars that Lush offer, this one is versatile in how you use it and does a great job in each role. Firstly, this is a great replacement for either your shower jelly, soap or gel. Simply take a small piece (about the size of a grape), wet it under the shower hose and massage it directly across your body. The bar foams up a treat and produces an impressive amount of light, fluffy lather that can be distributed across your skin with ease.

Just like Lush's shower gels, this bar leaves your skin really clean and with a sweet, crisp apple fragrance to accompany you for a good hour or so after your shower. While it's not as moisturising as the gels and jellies, I don't find FUN bars to be as drying on the skin as soap can be, even though they don't offer the complex scents you'd expect with Lush soaps.  

Secondly, FUN can be used in much the same way as a bubble bar: crumbling a small piece under the running tap to produce some bubbles as part of a cocktail. What I will say is that you don't get much more than just a light shade of green in the water when using this particular one, and it's definitely not as moisturising as an actual bubble bar. However, I did find that I could smell traces of Apple FUN when I used this in the bath with a Groovy Kind Of Love Bath Bomb, which is impressive given how strong this bath bomb is.

Finally, this FUN bar can be used as a replacement for a shampoo. While I haven't tried this (due to the number of new shampoos that Lush have unleashed on us recently) I can imagine it would lather up well and leave your hair smelling super gorgeous afterwards. In fact, when I thought about Lush actually releasing a So White-scented shampoo bar, my heart skipped a beat at the mere idea of this being made a reality.
My only concern with Apple FUN, as it always is with any of Lush's FUN bars, is that you need to store this properly to prevent it from becoming a sticky mess at the side of your bath. While I love the fact that it's not in pot so it saves on packaging, you will need to keep this FUN Bar cool and dry in between showers. I would suggest breaking off a few pieces and storing them in a pot, away from any possible running water, as this will prolong the life of the bar.

Fans of the So White scent will no doubt appreciate that their favourite fragrance is currently available all year around, although it's currently rather difficult for most fans to purchase it anyway, as it's only sold in a single store worldwide. However, I hope that, along with the other FUN bars that I have been privileged enough to get my hands on, this one will soon be available online for all consumers to purchase.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Bergamot Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Rose Absolute, Orange Flower Absolute, Neroli Oil, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Perfume, Colour 45350, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £3.95 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


1 comment


UP