Recently

2 May 2019

Supernatural Powers Shower Bomb



I know only too well what it feels like to wake up at the crack of dawn and leave when the sky is as black as can be. While it is my choice to set my alarm for 5am every day - the motivation I have for weight lifting demands that of me - there are still moments when a restless night in bed makes me question whether I have the mental strength to peel my eyelids open. When those moments arise, Supernatural Powers Shower Bomb would be the perfect remedy to refresh yourself; gain some new perspective; and be ready to leave the house with a genuine smile on your face.

This cute little green UFO-shaped shower bomb is easily my favourite design from Lush, and if they could just replicate this in bath bomb size as well, I would very much appreciate it. Not only does it have the most adorable design, but the scent that comes with it is equally as spellbinding.
Containing a large helping of lemongrass, alongside a generous dosage of both sage and thyme, this refreshing little number has a strong, citrusy scent with a herbal note threaded through the middle. My nose tells me that this is very similar to the Avobath Bath Bomb, with the other components added in to give it something a little different as well.

Firstly, the lemongrass is very heady and offers a bright, uplifting citrusy scent with a grassy undertone, and an almost soured note at the end as well  Alongside this, the sage, thyme and rosemary add their own herbal blend to give you something very natural and almost earthy about the aroma. Finally, there is also a hint of the tea tree oil, which only serves to give the fragrance a crisp, clean feel about it. This is definitely not something you should use before bedtime, as you would probably be awake for hours dreaming of aliens and whether you are one yourself...

To use a shower bomb, you need to hold it under the running water during your shower, where it will immediately begin to expand and create a fragrant foam in your hand. Firstly, the heat of the water will help to release the different essential oils that have gone into making the bomb, which is supposed to help alter your mood depending on the purpose of the shower bomb. 

In this case, Supernatural Powers is designed to invigorate the senses; help to bring clarity to both your skin and your mind; and leave you feeling so fresh, ready for the day ahead. After only using this once, I was amazed by how awake and alert I felt after sharing my shower with this little gem.

Once the shower bomb has began creating its foam, the idea is that you can lather and massage this across the skin much like you would a shower gel. The inclusion of both the potato starch and the sodium alginate allow the bomb to soften and moisture the skin, while the different oils clean out the pores and leave your skin looking and smelling super delicious.

At first, I was worried that the inclusion of the sodium bicarbonate and citric acid would irritate my skin, much like if I was to rub a bath bomb against my skin. I was fully expecting to develop a rash and find that my skin became super dry after using one of these. However, I found that this was not the case at all.

While the consistency of the foam is slightly scratchy, and not at all like the silkiness of a regular Lush shower gel or jelly, my skin did feel really clean and soft after using the shower bomb. Furthermore, I was able to clean my entire body, from head to foot, and still have product left over afterwards. Because of this, it would be completely reasonable to cut one of these shower bombs in half and use them across two, perhaps even three, showers.

Just like the recent Tantric Energy Shower Bomb, Supernatural Powers impressed me by how much the fragrance lingered on my skin after my shower. I found that I could still smell it two hours later, and that was after sweating off the majority of my perfume in the gym! Furthermore, I found that my skin felt super soft after using this, and I could feel how smooth my skin felt when compared to how it had felt before I'd entered the shower.

Along with the shower bomb mentioned above, this is probably one of my favourite shower bombs to date, and has definitely given me more of a reason to appreciate the whole 'shower bomb' concept a little more. Whilst it works out more expensive than a simple squirt of shower gel, these little things are like scrubs, body conditioners and shower gels all in one, so the price tag doesn't seem as extortionate when you consider these things.

Supernatural Powers is definitely a shower bomb I would buy again, and I hope to see it in all stores really soon. Not only does it have a cute design; a strong, beautiful aroma; and leaves your skin feeling magical, it also alters your mindset for the day, which some of us need help with if we wish to be as productive as possible.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Citric Acid, Potato Starch, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Calcium Lactate, Gluconate, Sodium Alginate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lemongrass Oil, Sage Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil, Thyme Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Fresh Rosemary, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Chlorophyllin, Colour 47005, Colour 19140, Colour 42090:2, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £2.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP