Recently

15 May 2019

White FUN Bar




Maybe it's just my primary school mind that finds the funny side of some Lush's more simplistic-sounding product names. Whenever I see something without a clever pun or a witty tag line, I always imagine how blunt the children in my class can be, and what would happen if we put them in charge of naming other products. It always gives me a little something to giggle about.

White FUN Bar would never win any awards for its name for sure, and it doesn't take any intelligence to work out how simple this product was to make. While we cannot expect any colourful magic to be happening in our showers with this one, the fragrance itself is enough to leave you fully satisfied ..and possibly feeling a little peckish at the same time.

Sharing its scent with the Butterball range, this little tube of white replicates the creaminess of this scent family perfectly. The musk offers a beautifully sweet, vanillary aroma, while the addition of the ylang adds a delicate note of floral underneath. I'd go as far as to say that this FUN Bar is easily the creamiest rendition of this scent family that I have ever experienced; it's like rich, melted vanilla ice cream. 
What I love about especially about White FUN is that the texture is a little softer than the other bars, so it almost melts in your hand and creates the most beautifully thick, creamy lather. This abundance of foam to wash with is far more than I have experienced with most of Lush's other FUNs, which is strange because I cannot work out anything from the ingredients list to suggest why this may be. I'm not going to question a good thing though.

Just like Lush's shower gels and other FUN Bars, this bar leaves your skin really clean and with a creamy, sultry vanilla fragrance to accompany you for a good couple of hours after your shower. While it's not as moisturising as the gels and jellies, I found that this was perhaps the most nourishing of the FUN Bars, meaning that I did notice how soft my skin felt afterwards.

Secondly, FUN can be used in much the same way as a bubble bar: crumbling a small piece under the running tap to produce some bubbles as part of a cocktail. Although I don't really need to state this, you certainly don't get any colour when using the bar in this way, even though the fragrance was still there for me to enjoy. Used alongside a classic Butterball Bath Bomb would make for an amazing experience.

Finally, this FUN bar can be used as a replacement for a shampoo. While I haven't tried this (due to the number of new shampoos that Lush have unleashed on us recently) I can imagine it would lather up well and leave your hair smelling super gorgeous afterwards. Although I should probably state that given how sticky this one gets when in contact with water, there is a possibility that you'll end up with little pieces accumulating throughout your locks.
As I wanted to preserve this bar for as long as possible, I chose to cut a small piece off for each shower, and found that I could use a piece the size of a large sultana and get a full body wash out of it. Despite the size of the FUN Bar, this product could easily be preserved for a good couple of months with daily usage.

Fans of the Butterball scent will definitely want to get their hands on this rendition, as it is simply gorgeous in every way. As I've said in some of my other Liverpool exclusive reviews, I only hope that this becomes available online so that consumers around the world can enjoy this bar as much as I have been doing.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Synthetic Musk, Ylang Ylang Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £3.95 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP