Recently

9 May 2019

Crazy Train Bath Bomb




If I'm in the right mood for it, Lush's playful designs really bring alive the child inside of me, and it's a lovely feeling to see the youthful glow that it brings to my cheeks. As someone who considers themselves to be very creative, bath bombs such as this one spark an extra dosage of excitement inside of me, and I couldn't wait to try it out for size.

Shaped like a locomotive, Crazy Train Bath Bomb wouldn't go amiss on the shelf of a Harrods store: a beautiful blue and red-shaped train with a little scroll of blue paper tucked in the top. This latter feature gives you the opportunity to write a little message to the receiver of this bath bomb, which adds an extra special touch for the father in your life to enjoy.
Sharing its scent with the Prince fragrance - including the recent body spray that was released earlier this year - this bath bomb offers a wonderful combination of mandarin, neroli, orange flower and vetivert.To my nose, the orange flower and the mandarin are the strongest notes to begin with. Crazy Train offers a bitter, green-like fruity smell, that reminds me very much of the smell you get when peeling a fresh satsuma - that sweet citrus aroma with a slight tartness from the peel.

However, alongside this there is a wonderful layer of vetivert that gives this bath bomb a woody base to work from: offering a complexity that is somewhat lost in the shower gel format, but is definitely present here. Having been using the body spray recently, I can honestly vouch that this bath bomb is very close to replicating the scent almost perfectly. 
What I appreciated the most however, was the fragrance when the bath bomb was placed in the water. That's when the citrusy elements of the mandarin and neroli came out in full force, and it was strong enough to leave me feeling like a peeled - but very contented - orange afterwards. The scent was super strong in the water, and I would recommend this to anybody who needs something to help motivate them first thing in the morning.

As if the fragrance wasn't already impressive, the bath bomb itself created a stunning show in the tub. Immediately fizzing upon contact with the water, Crazy Train released a stunning show of thick blue, red and white swirls across the surface. Within seconds, the water had turned a stunning shade of dark blue, and the smell was radiating around the room at the same time. 

Once fully dissolved, I noticed straight away that the water felt super thick and sultry: I could almost feel my skin becoming more and more nourished by the second. After bathing for almost an hour in the tub, I was left with the softest skin I could possibly achieve, and the gentle smell of orange wrapped itself around my body like a warm hug. 
I don't know what the Lush community need to do to convince Lush that most of this year's Father's Day range needs to become permanent, but I only hope the big bosses consider how wonderful Crazy Train would be as a regular bath bomb. I for one, would be buying one of these every few weeks, if it was always in shops, and the only bath bomb that I'd invest more in would be the classic Intergalactic.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Neroli Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Sicilian Red Mandarin Oil, Vetivert Oil, Water (Aqua), Cream of Tartar, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dipropylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, *Citral, Hydroxycitronellal, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 14700, Colour 42090, Colour 17200, Colour 77491, Colour 15850:1, Colour 59040.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP