Recently

29 May 2019

Frangipani Glove Hand Serum



If there is one part of my body that suffers the most, it is my hands. Having to endure seven days of hard grafting at work, as well as then having to lift increasingly heavy weights seven days a week at the gym, my poor little mitts are just about done by the end of the day. Endless pots and tubes of hand creams later and the skin on my palms is still as cracked and as weathered as an old house. It would have to take something miraculously to bleed some life back into these tired hands.

Bring forth Frangipani Glove Hand Serum: a product that certainly didn't inspire me to get that excited when Lush first announced that it was coming out. Even when the oval shaped disc of oils and butters appeared on my doorstep, I still wasn't interested enough to start using it right away. Silly really, given that the results it did heed now leave me wishing I'd bought a hundred more before they disappeared from the website. 

Described as a hand serum, Frangipani is ultimately a little like a massage bar for the hands, and works in a slightly different way to that of a cream. With quite a number of hand creams, you often need to massage the product quite rigorously into your skin and then wait for it to fully absorb before you can carry on about your day. This hand serum works a little differently, and is ultimately more successful.
You only need to massage for a split second between your palms for the product to begin melting and heed enough oils for you to use on your skin. Frangipani melts extremely easily so I would recommend that you store it somewhere cool in between uses, and try not to hold it too long either, as the bar will shrink far quicker than you would want it to.

Once the product is on the skin, you simply need to spread the oils out across every area of your skin and the work has been done. Instead of the oily, greasy feel that you may experience with creams and lotions, this hand serum dries into a powdered finish so you can get back into whatever it was you were doing mere seconds before you applied the serum. 

What is amazing about Frangipani is that I was not expecting the product to make that much of an impression on my skin, and I instead found that my hands felt instantly hydrated, smooth and far more moisturised after only a matter of seconds. Before and after my gym sessions, I have been applying this hand serum religiously, and have found that I rarely develop any areas of dry skin, whereas beforehand I would have areas that felt constantly dry and hard, no matter how hard I tried to rectify this.

After using this daily for a couple of weeks, I also found that the areas around my nails, as well as the cuticles themselves, were far softer and smoother, and I had less 'flaking' of skin as I had done previously. Featuring almond milk and castor oil to help form a protective barrier across my skin, and witch hazel extract to soothe and tone, this limited edition is definitely a miracle in my eyes. 
Fragrance wise, Lush describe this as being rather fruity, with both sandalwood and tuberose underneath to add both woody and floral tones. To my nose, I'd describe the scent of this to be more on the warming but gentle floral side, although I do agree that there is something delicately woody about the aroma as well.

Although I didn't find that the fragrance of Frangipani lasted all too long on my hands, the intensity of which it improved the condition on my skin, and in such a short space of time, means that this is a product I have integrated into my regular routine. Carrying it around in one of Lush's silver tins has been a godsend for me whilst at work, and I've also taken it with me on board a couple of plane rides, where I've used it as a facial serum as well, with positive results.  

Having used my bar consistently, multiple times a day for almost a month, I can safely say that a bar of this hand serum will easily last another couple of months, making this great value for money. In my opinion, this is easily the greatest hand product that Lush have ever made and I only hope it becomes a permanent in the near future. This is one that I will definitely buy again.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Illipe butter, Murumuru Butter, Cupuaçu Butter, Almond Milk, Organic Shea Butter, Arrowroot Powder, Silica Almond Oil, Sunflower Wax, Witch Hazel, Extract Organic Castor Oil, Perfume, Japan Wax, Frangipani Absolute, Tuberose Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Rose Wax, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Citral, Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Farnesol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £8 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP