Recently

1 May 2019

Tantric Energy Shower Bomb




The shower bomb has become common place in the lush community now, as more and more of them get released on an almost monthly basis. Lush describe these miniature bombs as being more of an experience than a simple tool for cleaning yourself with, and claim that these shower bombs have been designed to alter your mood in the process. While I cannot vouch for such things happening in my shower, these babies definitely make an interesting alternative to shower gel. 

As Lush have described this shower bomb so well, I'll start by quoting them directly, when they say 'styled as the crown chakra, Sahasrara, which means the lotus of a thousand petals, Tantric Energy offers up luxurious jasmine absolute: one of the sexiest essential oils on the planet, with a kick of ginger oil to help relax the mood and get the blood pumping.'

With its beautiful deep purple design, and dusted with a little silver lustre that glimmer in the light, this little shower bomb is definitely very impressive. Not only is the fragrance strong from the start, but the aroma keeps on giving over and over again in the shower. If you're a fan of this particular fragrance, you'll love how robust the smell of this really is.

Packed full of ginger oil, jasmine and oakmoss absolute, this shower bomb shares its scent with the Something Wicked scent family: one as devilishly naughty as it sounds. The ginger and jasmine have been combined perfectly so that neither take the centre stage. However, the slight heat from the ginger intertwines perfectly with the sweet floral aroma of the jasmine and creates a sensual, well-balanced and rather unique experience. Underneath this, the oakmoss adds its own layer of earthiness that compliments the other two components and creates a thick and very whole smell.

In this format, I found that the scent was a little more uplifting, and obviously a little more powdery as well. However, the fragrance was very on par with the likes of the bath melt, and fans of this retro item will appreciate how well Lush have transferred this smell into a different format.

To use a shower bomb, you need to hold it under the running water during your shower, where it will immediately begin to expand and create a fragrant foam in your hand. Firstly, the heat of the water will help to release the different essential oils that have gone into making the bomb, which is supposed to help alter your mood depending on the purpose of the shower bomb. 

In this case, Tantric Energies is designed to get you a little hot under the collar, and boost your energy levels so that you can connect far more spiritually with yourself and anyone else that you wish to. Unfortunately, my partner was out of the country during the times I used this, so I had to contend with solely connecting with myself. Having said that, this shower bomb definitely had the power to elevate my mood, as afterwards I found myself super creative and enthused to do a lots of the things I had been putting off.

Once the shower bomb has began creating its foam, the idea is that you can lather and massage this across the skin much like you would a shower gel. The inclusion of both the potato starch and the sodium alginate allow the bomb to soften and moisture the skin, while the different oils clean out the pores and leave your skin looking and smelling super delicious.

At first, I was worried that the inclusion of the sodium bicarbonate and citric acid would irritate my skin, much like if I was to rub a bath bomb against my skin. I was fully expecting to develop a rash and find that my skin became super dry after using one of these. However, I found that this was not the case at all.

While the consistency of the foam is slightly scratchy, and not at all like the silkiness of a regular Lush shower gel or jelly, my skin did feel really clean and soft after using the shower bomb. Furthermore, I was able to clean my entire body, from head to foot, and still have product left over afterwards. Because of this, it would be completely reasonable to cut one of these shower bombs in half and use them across two, perhaps even three, showers.

When it came to Tantric Energy, this shower bomb impressed me when the scent lingered on my skin for a couple of hours after my shower. Furthermore, I found that my skin felt super soft and my hands incredibly nourished after using this in my shower.

This is probably my favourite shower bomb to date and has definitely given me more of a reason to appreciate the whole 'shower bomb' concept a little more. While more extensive than a squirt of shower gel, these little things are like scrubs, body conditioners and shower gels all in one, so the price tag doesn't seem as expensive as you may first think.

Ultimately, Lush should definitely bring out the body lotion version of this aroma, as I would love to extend my experience with products of the same scent family. I also hope that this limited edition makes its way into every store, and stays around long enough so that I can buy a few more.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Citric Acid, Potato Starch, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Calcium Lactate Gluconate, Sodium Alginate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ginger Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Oakmoss Absolute, Water (Aqua), Ginseng Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, *Benzyl Benzoate, Perfume, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £2.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP