Recently

24 May 2019

Sunset FUN Bar



One of eleven exclusive FUN bars that are currently only available from the Liverpool store, Sunset was easily one of the products that I was most excited to get my hands on. While I'm still rather clueless as to what many of the exclusives smell like, this particular bar I had read about before, so I already knew that I was going to love it.

Sharing its scent with The Brightside Bubble Bar, this gorgeous vibrant orange beauty is as uplifting and as stunning as its name suggests. Packed full of mandarin and tangerine oils, this bar offers a juicy, fruity aroma with a sharp citrusy edge to finish. It's super bright and fresh and doesn't compromise the natural sweetness of any of the oils used.

As with all of the other FUN bars that Lush offer, this one is versatile in how you use it and does a great job in each role. Firstly, this is a great replacement for either your shower jelly, soap or gel. Simply take a small piece (about the size of a grape), wet it under the shower hose and massage it directly across your body. The bar foams up a treat and produces an impressive amount of light, fluffy lather that can be distributed across your skin with ease.
Just like Lush's shower gels, this bar leaves your skin really clean and with a super fruity fragrance to accompany you for a short while after you've towelled yourself down. While it's not as moisturising as the gels and jellies, I don't find FUN bars to be as drying on the skin as soap can be, even though they don't offer the complex scents you'd expect with Lush soaps.  

Secondly, FUN can be used in much the same way as a bubble bar: crumbling a small piece under the running tap to produce some bubbles as part of a cocktail. What I will say is that you don't get much more than just a light shade of orange in the water when using this particular one, and it's definitely not as moisturising as an actual bubble bar. However, I did find that I could smell the Fun Bar alongside Groovy Kind Of Love Bath Bomb, which I added during one of my bath cocktails. Although it did produce some bubbles to go with the scent, these didn't seem to stick around for too long after I entered the bath. Having said all of this, Sunset definitely doesn't replicate the original bubble bar, and I would suggest using this in other ways and stick to The Brightside when you want those mounds of bubbles.   

Finally, FUN can be used as a replacement for a shampoo. While I haven't tried this (due to the number of new shampoos that Lush have unleashed on us recently) I can imagine it would lather up well and leave your hair smelling super gorgeous afterwards.
Much like I've stated in all of my reviews, you will need to consider how to store this product between uses, as it has a tendency to leave a sticky mess on any side it is left, if wet. While I love the fact that it's not in pot so it saves on packaging, you will need to keep this FUN Bar cool and dry in between showers. I would suggest breaking off a few pieces and storing them in a pot, away from any possible running water, as this will prolong the life of the bar. 

For £3.95, this little 100g bar isn't the most expensive of investments and I have thoroughly enjoyed using this in my morning showers as it is the perfect 'wake me up' before the gym. My only issue with Sunset is that it's now got me dreaming about a Brightside-scented shower gel, which at the moment isn't available to buy.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sicilian Mandarin Oil, Red Mandarin Oil, Tangerine Oil, Bergamot Oil, Limonene, Perfume, Colour 45350, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £3.95 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP