Recently

28 May 2019

Demons Bath Oil



It's fairly safe to say Lush have produced an impressive number of bath oils over the last few years, most of which are still available in the stores around the country. While many, if not most of them, are actually really great at what they do, I find that I still overlook them in favour of the bath bombs and bubble bars. As I tend to have less baths nowadays, when I do want one I'm looking for something beautifully vibrant and strong in scent, and the practical element of bath oils just doesn't seem as appealing or exciting.

Yet I well and truly ate my words when I tried out Demons Bath Oil for the first time. Although I tend to summarise my opinion on a product at the end of my reviews, I will openly say that this is a bath oil that blew me out of the water, and one I would easily opt to use over most of the other bath products available from Lush at the moment. 
Firstly, you have to admire that this tiny little lump of butters and oils has an awesome name and it's black demeanour only serves to make it more alluring. Coupled with the black cornflour decoration on top and I sort of feel as if I'm getting a little more of an impressive experience for the £2.95 I paid for this gem.

For those living under a rock, you may not know that Demons Bath Oil also happens to share its scent with the Lord Of Misrule family, which it does so with such intensity that I could only marvel at how much of a fragrance this tiny bath oil offers. It quite literally floods whatever room it is in with a strong, earthy aroma, which is impressive given that it's roughly the same size as a tea-light candle.

The idea of a bath oil is simply to add extra essential oils and butters to your bathing experience, not only to moisturise and nourish your skin, but to leave your body with the lasting effects of said ingredients. When it comes to Demons Bath Oil, the inclusion of the activated charcoal definitely leaves a lasting effective on the skin. I could really feel and see a subtle shine to my skin that I don't often experience when using a bath oil by itself, and my skin felt really hydrated and soft afterwards as well.
When it comes to the fragrance, Demons offers a beautifully rich and wholesome blend of patchouli and black pepper oils. Combined, these two produce something really sweet and earthy, while the vanilla absolute wraps these two ingredients into a cuddle and laces its own rich, muskiness throughout the experience. If you're somebody who loves this scent family, you will be really impressed by how well the smell works in this format. 

In the water, the bath oil slowly oozes out little drops of black oils: lacing the surface and underneath with a mesmerising and very relaxing show - almost like that of a heat lamp. It takes a good fifteen minutes for Demons to fully dissolve, but when it does you're left with a black-tinged but very sultry water, that wraps around your body like a snake.
Lush need to make this a permanent for certain as my little heart breaks every time I know that I cannot simply pop online or in-store to purchase it again, at this moment in time. Demons is perhaps my favourite bath oil that Lush have ever produced, and it would be cruel of them if this was the one and only time I was ever able to share a bath with one.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Laureth 4, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Perfume, Lauryl Betaine, Black Cornflowers, Black Pepper Oil, Patchouli Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Activated Charcoal, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090, Colour 17200, Colour 77491, Colour 77266.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £2.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP