Recently

17 November 2015

Lush Cocktail: H-O-T Stuff


Katrina's' 'H-O-T Stuff' Cocktail

Contains:


Video:


Verdict:

Depending on my mood, I can go from someone who wants and craves all things citrus, to someone who won't settle for anything less than a warm and spicy concoction. On a Friday night, after one of the most stressful weeks of the school year so far, I was looking for the latter. 

H-O-T Stuff was a cocktail that was suggested to me soon after I began seeking recipe suggestions from the Lush community. And while I'd often have all four products available to me most of the time, I never gave myself the opportunity to try it out until a few days ago - when I was craving something sweet but tempted to use something warmer because of the bitter weather outside of my window.

While half of the products are Christmas exclusives, this is more of an 'inbetween' cocktail - one that looks as if it's going to act like a winter blanket in the coldest of weathers, but one that actually serves as the perfect bath for those days when it's cold enough to have a bath, but not bitter enough to want something heavy and cloying, 

I began by crumbling the Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds under the running tap. This beautiful patchouli and frankincense scented bubble bar wasn't a particular favourite of mine back in the beginning when I first tried it, but it has since grown on me a lot because of its unique and very obscure smell.

To me, it reminds me musty dirt with a healthy dollop of frankincense, and I love how warming and sensual it is when in use. The product is such a great choice if you're looking for something with a lot of bubbles, as this bubble bar heeds an impressive amount of bubbles and these tend to stay until the very end of the experience. Blue Skies turns the water a wonderful, vivid shade of blue and leaves the water feeling incredible soft.

Next I added in a generous helping of Hot Toddy Shower Gel - one of my favourite shower gels and definitely one I hope to see in the Kitchen at some point this year. This orange, cinnamon and patchouli gel is incredibly softening in the water and adds to the fruity nature of the experience.

Although I only had three left, I decided to use one of my Melting Snowman Bath Melts next, and used him whole to create a soft and very moisturising bath for my to enjoy. This product shares its scent with Hot Toddy as well, so you'll really notice the patchouli and orange elements of the cocktail once you've submerged yourself under the water.

To finish up, I added in a whole Phoenix Rising Bath Ballistic - one of only two I had managed to purchase before they were discontinued. Unfortunately, this particular one didn't perform very well in the bath, but it did offer a vivid display of green and purple foam, and it did produce a strong scent that dominated the overall fragrance of the bath.

Containing cocoa butter, cinnamon and bergamot, this bath bomb adds to the spicy element of the cocktail, and adds lots of swirls of butter to replenish and moisturise your skin with. The product gave the water a light purple colour but I wasn't particularly impressed with the overall look of this once every ingredient had been added.

Overall, I thought this was a great cocktail to enjoy in the early winter stages - one to help give you some clarity while still wrapping a soft and rather light blanket of love around.The smell was strong enough to last throughout most of the cocktail but it didn't really leave that much of an impression on my skin afterwards, aside from the noticeable smoothness once I had towelled myself down.

A little more Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds Bubble Bar might have given it a little more of a sensual element to it, but it was enough to stimulate the feeling in my toes and support me in brushing off my tenuous week of stress. 

Rating: 8.9 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.













6 comments

  1. this post just made me want to flip a desk. i KNEW i was forgetting sometihng in my carefully planned and hoarded spicy cocktail the other day. howwww did i forget about my melting snowman?? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that this warrants abuse - how could anyone forget about the cutest bath melt to ever exist?

      Delete
  2. I really love Hot Toddy - got the big bottle last year. Love it :-D Though the gold glitter is all at the bottom lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to buy another bottle this Christmas - lets hope they bring it back out in the Lush Kitchen at some point!

      Delete
  3. I dont know how i forgot it but I used my one ebay-found bombardino and now it will never pair up with the snowman to fight the winter blues :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! :( I have a feeling Bombardino will be out in the Kitchen before the end of the year - let's hope they are!

      Delete


UP