Recently

16 November 2015

Magical Zoetrope Gift Set


I've tried with all of my might to curb my Lush spending this Christmas, as I spent an absolute fortune last year and ended up with way too many products left over by the end. That's why I thought it might be almost helpful that I was slightly disenchanted by the gift set designs; I thought perhaps it would put me off and save me a few pence in the long run. 

However, after much debate, I relented and invested in the Magical Zoetrope Gift Set - a stunning eight-piece collection encased within a beautiful cylindrical box, and stacked to the max with items chosen especially for all of the hardcore bath fanatics around.

This wonderful gift set, priced up at £39.95, features a wide variety of bath bombs and bubble bars to please fans of multiple fragrances. While I'm unsure whether or not this was intentional, the set features mostly key members of the brand new collection - with two firm favourites and a limited edition FUN bar thrown in for good measure. 

This set features: 

As if the impressive roster of products wasn't enough to tempt consumers, this beautiful gift set also converts into a working zoetrope as well. Inside the box, you're given two strips of 'film' to use and the base has slits already in place to slot you 

Lush describe this gift set themselves perfectly, by saying: 'Where art meets science, the possibilities are endless and sure to spark your creativity. Take the plunge to another dimension filled with spellbinding perfumes and hypnotic colour, where the waters are streaked with silver lustre, clouds of fragrant bubbles drift by and dragons hatch in the bath by your side.' 
  
For those unfamiliar with the term, a zoetrope is one of several pre-film animation devices that produces the illusion of motion by displaying a sequence of drawings or photographs showing progressive phases of that motion. While Lush provided double-sided strips to be used, there is nothing stopping you from creating your own - a great activity for receivers who want a little project to complete on Christmas day.

The total cost of this without the box is £32.20, so technically you're paying £7.75 for the privilege of having it encased in such a box, but with how sturdy and gorgeous the box is, this is worth it for sure. Furthermore, the novelty of this converting into a working Zoetrope as well, means that this is a magical gift set becomes a visual stimulant as well as an intoxicating experience.    

I am so glad that I made the leap and purchased Magical Zoetrope Gift Set because I am a big fan of most of the products featured inside. Not only this, but the outer shell will be a wonderful addition to my Lush collection - harvesting some of my favourite bath bombs throughout the year. 

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £39.95 each. 














6 comments

  1. Wow, totally different contents that the North American version:

    http://www.lushusa.com/Magical-Zoetrope/06520,en_US,pd.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, i was just wondering if you know what time the online lush boxing day sale starts? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely absolutely addicted to Lush, it's like crack for me; I swear they put an addictive agent in it LOL! and every 3-4 years, find myself spending a fortune in the shops, and online, stocking up on the latest items. I do this every 3-4 years, because I'm so appalled at how much I spend, I spend 3-4 years afterward, cursing myself for an idiot, for wasting my money, (I can ill-afford to throw away) no matter how much I LOVE these products. I half-hope they go out of business one of these days, so I can save myself. :) BUT I LOVE YOU LUSH! I'm SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN ANY OF THAT! :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I am a french woman who found this green box in a clearance shop, it was empty but i wanted it because i found it really fun. I was wondering if you could numerized the drawings sheets you found in the box and send it to me... ? It would be really cool !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post that you have shared here. You make information effortless for us that we get good facts about it. Thanks for this informative blog.
    bath bombs gift sets

    ReplyDelete


UP