Recently

19 November 2015

Rainbow FUN Bar




As I've mentioned in some of my recent reviews, Lush have really focussed on particular ranges of products this year, and the back-catalogue of FUN bars has more than doubled since the concept was first introduced a few years ago. As more editions make themselves known and more scents are converted into the popular format, my love for these bars has vastly increased, and with good reason.

In all fairness, I don't know how any Lush fan can not get excited over the rather wonderful Rainbow FUN Bar. Not only does it look stunning - a combination of seven brightly coloured sections to contend with, it also possess one of the strongest and most multi-layered fragrances available in this format.

Designed to play homage to FUN bars both old and new, this huge 350g bar has been created by taking a chunk from seven existing products and joining them together to make one rather amazing looking item. A perfect contender for a stocking filler, this limited edition beauty is great for those days when you just cannot make up your mind as to which colour to invest in. Why have one colour when you can have seven?

For those unfamiliar with Lush's range of FUN bars, the fragrances for each of the colours is as following: Red Fun is a combination of mandarin and orange; Orange FUN offers a dry but rather simplistic orange aroma; Yellow FUN is a musky vanilla smell; Green FUN is a bright and zesty lemon and lime pairing; Blue FUN is a gentle lavender; Pink FUN is a unique and very potent floral vanilla fragrance; Purple FUN is a fruity berry offering.

Together, they create a very strong but equally beautiful aroma - one that I fell in love with instantly. To me, the overall smell is one that has a generous helping of fruitiness, a layer of creamy, musky vanilla and a dash of floral to finish. While you would expect the different fragrances to clash, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they compliment each other really well, and while you do get an overall smell to contend with, you can also clearly define each of the scents that are on offer. 

What is great about this FUN is that you can either opt to use the colours together, or break the bar apart and use the colours individually. In fact, you could even use this bar to combine and create an impressive range of scent combinations to play around with.
Much like with most of the limited edition FUN bars that have come out with this one, Rainbow is really easy to use and very generous in the bath and shower. You only need to break off a piece the size of a small grape and this will produce enough suds to last you the entire shower. Simply massage the piece between your palms, allowing a little water to get involved, and the FUN bar produces a mass of silky-soft foam to clean yourself with.

As with all of Lush's versatile bars, this one can be used in a variety of different ways - crumbled under the running tap to aid a bubble bath or massaged into the hair for an alternative to shampoo. No matter how you choose to use this FUN bar, the same results are always heeded; your hair and skin will feel super soft and clean, and the wonderful fragrance will linger on your body for an hour or two after you've towelled yourself down. 

This bar produces creates a rusty-red lather and smells really strong throughout the entire experience. Furthermore, I was really impressed to discover that I could still detect the scent on my skin over an hour after I had towelled myself down, and this stayed with me for a good few hours more. The scent I picked up was a potent and slightly sour grapefruit and lime aroma. 

Although I don't find FUN bars to be as moisturising as a regular shower gel or jelly, this one is definitely much more softening than some of the soaps I have been using recently, and the lather is more than enough to clean your skin, clear your pores and leaving you feeling invigorated. The impressive range of oils probably has something to do with this - the lemon oil detoxifying the pores and leaving you feeling radiant; the chamomile oil soothing the body and supporting those with sensitive skin.

Overall, this is a fantastic edition to the FUN range, and I only hope that it stays around for long enough so that I can buy a few more before they go. The size of this giant also means that this bar will last you a lot longer than your average 200g bar, and I can see this lasting me a good couple of months. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Gardenia Extract, Brazilian Orange Oil, Mandarin Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Litsea Cubeba Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Lime Oil, Lemon Oil, Moroccan Chamomile Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Tonka Absolute, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 14700, Colour 42090, Colour 15510, Colour 17200, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £7.95 for 350g. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

13 comments

  1. hey Jen i don't think that this is a limited edition FUN, it was released on their winter range page so it should be a constant product right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought Snowman fun and can't wait to try it… so far I've just been building mini snowmen! How do you think it is best used? Love all the pretty colours in this FUN :-)

    Anna xxx | Anna Hopeless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cute! Would love to see any army of little Snowmen! I nearly always use my FUN as shower gel because I love to smell of them afterwards, but I occasionally use them in a bath!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it got a good review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad they released this! It's a great way to save money while still be able to try a generous portion of each color! I plan to get my hands on this after the holidays :)

    http://fortheloveoflush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it? It's great for first time FUN users!

      Delete
  6. I ordered one of these today, so excited !!! It's my first FUN bar , couldn't decide which one to pick so thought this was a good option :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good for this very reason - I wonder what you're favourite colour will be!

      Delete
  7. This product looks like great for someone trying out FUN for the first time, sadly it hasn't been released in Australia ): Great review!

    indulgentrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sucks :( If you ever want me to pick you any up, just let me know!

      Delete
  8. I'm going to London for the first time EVER, I only have one day.. so obviously I'm going to visit Lush on Oxford street, and I can't wait! I've never tried a FUN bar before and struggled to decide which one to try first, but now I can just get the Rainbow FUN and try them all! So that's freaking brilliant. I do want the one smelling of Lord of Misrule as well. oh man, so many things I want, and so little money ;'(

    ReplyDelete


UP