Recently

6 November 2015

Fever Massage Bar


Lush cite their inspiration behind this massage bar as the 1950's revolution of smells - a time when manufacturers of perfumes were beginning to step outside the box and create new fragrances that were unlike any the world had ever experienced before. It was during this time that companies brought out some unique and rather iconic smells - ones that still influence many of the perfumes created today.

Fever Massage Bar was created to play homage to this exciting time - to extenuate the independent women of the 50's and produce a classic fragrance that would epitomise this era as well as add a modern day twist. Lush have done this wonderfully. 

With rose and jasmine absolute and sandalwood oil listed in the ingredients list, this sounds like another typical floral smell in the making. Yet it is distinctively different and magically captivating. It needs to be experienced to really understand the beauty and class of such a smell.
This product smells very heavily of rose - a crisp, natural smell that immediately awakens your senses and improves your mood. Coupled with this is a rather generous helping of jasmine which compliments the rose and gives the bar a natural sweetness. To top it off, the sandalwood oil adds a deep, rich and very sultry layer of scent. This gives Fever a very heady, woody aroma.

The massage bar reminds me of a combination of Potion Body Lotion and Tisty Tosty Ballistic - a musky, dried floral aroma that has it's roots dipped in old-fashioned fragrances but offers consumers a modern day twist as well. 

The consistency of this massage bar is spot on; it was fairly easy to melt without it releasing too much oil at once. It glided over my body wonderfully and then dissolved into my skin fairly quickly, not leaving any greasy marks behind. What is also great, is that this bar is one of the longer lasting ones; I got a good sixteen uses out of it, whereas some bars I only get 3-4. Bare in mind though that I use these bars as alternatives to body lotions, so I'm not using them for a prolonged amount of time. You may find that, when used as a massage bar, it actually only has a couple of uses out of it.  

The smell of Fever stayed with me long after I had applied it to my skin and I loved the fact that it's dominant scent engulfed my bedroom - I could smell little else for the whole time I had the bar in use. My skin felt really moisturised and soft for a good couple of days after using this so I didn't have to worry about reapplying this after every shower. They say you shouldn't be moisturising daily anyway so it was nice to see the results of Fever still going strong some 48+ hours after I had initially applied it.

I would love to see Lush bring back this massage bar alongside some of the other products scented with the fragrance. It's a very powerful aroma and one that will leave you feeling well-pampered and contented. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Perfume, Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Colour 73360.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £6.95 each.


7 comments

  1. One of my favourites! Shares it's scent with Love Locket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the lush winter range coming out??? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It already came out. It's the Christmas range.

      Delete
  3. Can you do an updated video on what you own, like you did last year? I would also love to see how you store your bath products to get the best use or of them for the longest time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I'm planning on doing a full collection video this week! How I store them will also feature in the video so keep your eyes peeled :)

      Delete
  4. Love your reviews so much <3
    indulgentrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for the link - I'm having a read now :)

      Delete


UP