Recently

10 November 2015

Snow Fairy Liquid Perfume

When Lush announced their 2013 Forum Special Perfumes, a small part of me was a little dissappointed that I didn't get as excited about the inclusion of Snow Fairy as I expected to. In all honesty, despite rating the smell very highly, it is no longer one of my favourite fragrances and I'd probably rate a good 10+ smells above it. However, it's better to celebrate the fact that my tastes are evolving and expanding which I am grateful for.

Despite making it's debut in 2013, Snow Fairy is not the first time this fragrance has been turned into a perfume. Lush have previously released the scent under it's older name, Candy Fluff. I will at some point review the other perfume as I feel there are some differences that need to be noted.

Described as smelling of 'pear, sweet notes, candy floss, vanilla and cherry' this is a scent that will appeal to all of those who love candy-inspired fragrances. In the bottle, you can immediately detect the pear element - a scent that reminds me of the old-fashioned pear drops my mother would buy when I was younger. Alongside this is a slightly musky aroma which smells like freshly made candy floss (cotton candy).

On the skin, this latter, almost cloudy, element is what dominates the overall smell. Snow Fairy Liquid Perfume has a strong projection and is quite a heavy perfume to wear - yet it is not particular overpowering. Furthermore, it doesn't give out the slightly synthetic note that the shower gel can do when too much is used at once.
Once it begins to mature outside the bottle, it offers the wearer little bursts of melon and vanilla, giving it somewhat of a fruity fragrance. While the overall smell is definitely a candy/bubblegum aroma, you do occasionally make out different notes which is nice.

As the perfume settles on the skin, the initial musky smell dampens quite a bit and you're left with a mostly sweet and gentle vanilla aroma. What is great about this perfume is that it lasts for a very long time - I could still detect elements of it's smell some 10 hours after I had initially applied it. 

Snow Fairy is a perfume that makes a statement and one that you have to commit to once you've applied it as it won't be going anywhere for a while. It's not really something you'd want to wear to work as you may not be very popular with those who have a more sensitive palette. However, it is one you'll want to wear if you're looking to make an impression.

Much like the shower gel, I think this is more of a feminine fragrance. While the shower gel can be enjoyed by men, I can't imagine too many males wanting to spray this on themselves. Similarly, this perfume is still a very youthful smell so those who like more mature smells, may struggle to enjoy this. 

While I do really enjoy the Snow Fairy Fragrance, it's not one I'll wear very often - I much prefer to use this in the shower and enjoy a more interesting perfume afterwards. While it's a lovely smell, my two bottles will easily last me the next 3-4 years - given how much I will no doubt use this.     

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Synthetic Musk, Methyl Ionone, Citral, Limonene.

Vegan?: Yes.

2013 Price: £25 for 30ml.

Year Of Original Release: 2013.

Scent Family:
Best Washes Wash Card
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Candy Fluff Ballistic
Candy Fluff Perfume
Candy Fluff Dusting Powder
Fairy Dust Dusting Powder
Father Christmas Bath Bomb
Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb
Godmother Soap
Lush Mechanic Cold-Pressed Soap
Magic Wand Bubble Bar
Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil
Mmmelting Marshmallow Bath Melt
Pink Easter Egg Ballistic
Snow Fairy Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Body Spray
Snow Fairy Cold-Pressed Soap
Snow Fairy Jelly Bath Bomb
Snow Fairy Lip Tint
Snow Fairy Liquid Perfume
Snow Fairy Naked Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Naked Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Solid Perfume
Snow Fairy Sparkle Jar
Snow Fairy Sparkle Massage Bar


13 comments

  1. Hey Jen
    Quick question: if you could magically make one non vegan lush product vegan what would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could pick this up now! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could buy this now! I love the Snow Fairy scent so damn much, it reminds me of Calpol when I was a kid. :)

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard talk of this, Honey I Washed The Kids, and possibly some other Limited Edition perfumes returning to Oxford Street in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! That would be amazing! I'm keeping my ear to the ground...

      Delete
  5. Hey Jen,
    ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SCENT,
    I wish I lived in the UK, I could get it from the kitchen at the time of writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jen! Love your blog, but whenever I click the link to look at the Pumpkin Soap it takes me here, thought you'd like to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feedback! It's updated now and I also discovered this soap wasn't on my soap list, so double win :)

      Delete
  7. Does this have the exact same scent as mmmelting marshmallow moment bath oil? I love that smell so much and I am trying to find a perfume that smells just like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jessica!! The items that have the same scent are: Mmelting Marshmallow bath melt, Snow Fairy shower gel, Snow Fairy body conditioner, Creamy Candy bubble bar, Candy Cane bubble bar, Candy Mountain bubble bar, Magic Wand reusable bubble bar, Father Christmas bath bomb, Candy Fluff bath bomb, Fluffy Egg bath bomb, Rockstar Soap, Godmother Soap, Mechanics Hand soap, Best Washes wash card, Bubblegum lip scrub, Candy Fluff dusting powder, Fairy Dust dusting powder, Snow Fairy sparkle massage bar, and both Snow Fairy and Creamy Candy perfumes. They say that Creamy Candy and Snow Fairy are different scents, but they smell exactly the same to me, and I have tried literally everything on this list. I will have to ask my fellow Lushies if they think it's the same as well, because now I am interested!!

      Delete
  8. Does this have the exact same scent as mmmelting marshmallow moment bath oil? I love that smell so much and I am trying to find a perfume that smells just like it!

    ReplyDelete


UP