Recently

12 November 2018

The World's Smallest Disco Ball Bath Bomb




I thought it was only fitting that I use this bath bomb before my second night out of the year. While I know I sound like I'm far too sociable for my own good (har har!) the description convinced me that this was going to be the one to wake me up and give me some energy to stay up past 8pm. Oh, the high life I live!

The World's Smallest Disco sounds like the cutest idea for a bath bomb ever, and the vibrant combination of colours against a black back drop makes it one of the most interesting as well. Made from the same mould as the Luxury Lush Pud Bath Bomb, this seasonal special contains coloured discs scattered across the surface, which break off whilst its in the water and offer the bather a rainbow of colours to enjoy.

To start with, I should probably say if you're looking for a bath bomb that's going to impress you with its display in the water, this is the one you should go for this season. As soon as I dropped mine into the water, the bomb began to send out waves of deep, black colour across the surface. This water was infused with a gentle helping of silver lustre as well, and you could see it sparkling in the light.

At the same time, the coloured discs that were embedded into the bath bomb threw out threads of greens and blues, pinks and yellows, that swirled around the black to create the most beautiful of artwork I have seen in a while, with a Lush bath bomb. Each colour is super vibrant, and looks amazing once again with the black water behind them. In fact, I think the colour of the water made the other colours seem even brighter than usual.

Once the bath bomb had fully dissolved, which took about two minutes, the water settled on a deep, dark black colour, with just the gentle shimmer of the lustre every time the water moved. Although this may be off-putting to some people, I can assure you that it doesn't stain your skin at all. Furthermore, while this bath bomb did leave a little black residue around my bath tub afterwards, this wasn't something that took more than a couple of seconds to rectify, and rinse or wipe away.

As well as being an amazing interactive bath bomb, this limited edition also holds its fragrance in the water. Although perhaps not as strong as it could be, I was able to smell this throughout my entire time in the tub, and there was a delicate lingering of the fragrance on my skin after I had left the bath.

Despite its amazing performance, I will say that there was something about the smell of The World's Smallest Disco Ball Bath Bomb that didn't sit particularly well with me. This may just have been my broken nose, but I found that I could detect an after-scent that I didn't enjoy at all, and I ended up leaving the bath early because I needed a break from it. 

Containing a combination of grapefruit, lime and cognac oils, I was expecting something as fruity and spritzy as Golden Wonder. While the bath bomb does offer something juicy and fruity - with threads of the lime and grapefruit coming out the strongest - I could also detect a hint of the charcoal in the aroma. This element, when combined with the tangy-ness of the grapefruit, replicated a smell that reminded me slightly of - dare I say it - vomit.

Those who are reading this review, and are perhaps now extremely put-off trying this Christmas bath bomb, I should point out that this 'nasty' note that I make out, could just be my sensitive nose. In addition, this little side note is not all encompassing, and certainly doesn't dominate the scent at all. It is merely a tiny note of smell that tickles my nose buds, after I have taken in all of the other lovely ingredients.

Having said this, The World's Smallest Disco Ball is lovely and moisturising in the tub, and you will feel the benefits of these oils on your skin afterwards. While this bath bomb doesn't offer a scent that would bowl most people over, it does have a lovely aroma - I just wish the charcoal didn't add that extra layer that it was rather off-putting to me.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Popping Candy, Lime Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Cognac Oil, Cream of Tartar, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, Charcoal, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Citral, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 77491, Colour 77266, Colour 47005:1, Colour 45430:1, Colour 19140, Colour 15510, Colour 42090, Colour 42090:2, Colour 45380:3, Colour 45410, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.25 for each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP