Recently

23 November 2018

Coconut Rice Cake Solid Shampoo Bar




Out of the six shampoo bars that Lush released a couple of months ago, Coconut Rice Cake not only sounded the best but turned out to be the most superior as well. After using this only a single time, I decided that if it didn't make a reappearance at some point in the future, I would be sorely disappointed. I will be waiting with bated breath...

As my partner is also an avid fan of coconut, this shampoo bar didn't have very long to wait until it was in the shower and being used. And while we both have very different hair types, this beautiful product worked its magic for both of us. For your own reference, my hair type is thin and frizzy, whereas his is definitely a lot thicker and also prone to greasiness at times.

What I will say about Coconut Rice Cake is that, although very simplistic, the smell of this shampoo bar is simply wonderful. To my memory, this limited edition shares its scent with the Silky Underwear range: which offers a gentle jasmine scent with a creamy base of sweet coconut. Alongside this, the inclusion of the vetivert adds its gentle woodiness and wraps a warming blanket around the other components to finish the fragrance off.

Each of the six new shampoo bars have a slightly different purpose for the hair, and this particular one was designed to soften and thicken the locks, whilst also moisturising at the same time. When it comes to anything that features coconut oil or milk, I'm usually fairly confident that they'll have a positive impact on my hair very quickly, and I wasn't wrong again.

After only a single use, I noticed that the frizzy curls that usually refuse to behave, were swept back like the rest of my hair and remained tame the entire time. The ends of my hair, which desperately need to be trimmed anyway, felt softer, and didn't look or feel as damaged as they did previously. 

There was also a wonderfully gentle shine to my hair that I usually only see after using a deep conditioning mask or something similar. The look and feel of my hair had noticeably improved and I was able to wear it down without having to use any oils or waxes to tame its shape. Furthermore, whether or not it was this shampoo bar or another hair care product that I was using at the same time, my natural highlights appeared much more prominently, and the overall colour of my hair had more depth and beauty.

To use, you simply wet it slightly and massage between the palm of your hands. As Coconut Rice Cake is so generous, you only need to do this for a split second to produce a surplus amount of creamy foam to massage into your hair. While I would usually suggest that you could massage this directly across your head, the inclusion of the dried decoration on top would mean that you would end up with mess in your hair. Although you could always remove this beforehand as it doesn't add any benefits to the shampoo bar aside from being a pretty decoration.

As with nearly all of Lush's solid shampoo bars, these are so easy to travel with; so compact without any risk of leaking or making a mess in your bags; and will easily last you a good three months of washing your hair 2-3 times a week. Furthermore, the lack of SLS will ensure that your hair remains as looked after as it could possibly be - without coating it with anything that could damage it in the long run.

While the first few washes are okay to use with the dried Freesia still intact on the surface, I would suggest that you remove it before they fall off themselves. I can only imagine how annoying it would be to wash and condition you hair, only to find you have a dozen petals shredded throughout your mane. The petals don't serve any purpose aside from looking pretty, so your hair won't miss them at all.

Overall, this was easily my favourite out of the five shampoo bars that I was able to obtain from this Lush Labs release. It smelled wonderful, although it didn't tend to remain on my hair after I'd washed it out; and I didn't need to use a conditioner afterwards, and yet still ended up with soft, shiny hair. This would definitely be one of my go-to bars if it was a regular feature in store, so I hope that Lush can make this a reality really soon.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Coco Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Water (Aqua), White Rice, Perfume, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Organic Coconut Milk, Lauryl Betaine, Soya Lecithin, Vetivert Oil, Creamed Coconut, Titanium Dioxide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Colour 45410, Colour 14700, Colour 17200, Dried Freesia.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £8.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Alkmaar Soap
All That Jas Bath Bomb
Big Hugs Soap
Coconut Rice Cake Solid Shampoo Bar
Factory Mix-up It's A Date Bubble Bar
Fairy Jasmine Ballistic 
Fairy Ring Soap
Mistletoe Bath Bomb 
Silky Underwear Dusting Powder
Silky Underwear Liquid Perfume
Silky Underwear Solid Perfume

Turbo Bubble Bar



No comments

Post a Comment


UP