Recently

7 November 2018

Ectoplasm Washcard




When Lush announced that this year's Halloween range would be highly dominated by the Ectoplasm scent, I was initially super excited. While not the most original of fragrances, there is something rather scrumptious about the smell of the bath bomb, and I was super excited to try anything as soon as it arrived. Unfortunately, I found that while nearly all of the products smelled good, not one of them truly replicated the aroma was hoping for. 

As a shower gel girl, I find it difficult to transition onto anything else unless I'm forced to. With the number of new naked shower gels and soaps that Lush are constantly releasing, I found that not very many products are as good as the original bottled liquids, and the same could be said for wash cards.

Now on the surface, the concept behind this little card is a great one. Created first as a limited edition novelty during a couple of the seasonal releases, Lush went on to create a scented wash card for each and every single one of their perfumes. This way, fans can part with a mere £2 and try out the smell in the shower before they invest in a more expensive bottle of the fragrance itself.

Another great fact about these wash cards is that they're perfect for travelling with, as they can slip in a side pocket, or somewhere equally as small, and there isn't a worry that there'll be any leakages during transit. I've even been known to take them on planes in my hand luggage, and then freshened myself up in the toilets during my flight. 

All of that aside, as somebody who doesn't wish to buy any perfumes, or has any plan to travel abroad, these little wash cards are simply novelties that don't exactly give you much for the money you spend, no matter how little that may be to you. 

Given its due, Ectoplasm Washcard is definitely on par with its shower scream and naked shower scream sisters, and near enough a perfect replica of the solid perfume that came out at the same time. Containing both grapefruit and litsea cubeba oils, this little strip of dried apple pulp smells like a fruit juice diluted a little with water. Imagine pouring yourself a glass of freshly squeezed tangerine juice, squirting in a little grapefruit zest as an afterthought, and then diluting it slightly so it's not as acidic. This is what the wash card smells like.

Compared to its siblings, this washcard is obviously not as strong overall, but then there wasn't anything from this range that I would describe as being particularly strong anyway. However, this did match up with the smell of the solid perfume, after it's been massaged into your pulse points, and so this little wash card is a good investment for those unsure about how the perfume will smell on their skin.

As with all of Lush's new innovative wash sheets/cards, this one is made up of apple pulp and an array of essential oils. Simply tear off a small piece (about the size of the circumference of one of Lush's solid perfume tins) and add a little water to the mix. The sheet will foam up rather quickly and produce a creamy lather that can then be massaged across the body.

Being greedy, I opted for using the whole sheet in a single shower, and I can honestly say that it created enough foam to last across several showers - as it claims to do. However, the fragrance was very weak throughout my shower, and every time I used another product, I was no longer able to smell this on my skin or hands. As you can imagine, there wasn't any trace of this on my skin after I had towelled myself down, and neither was it moisturising enough to say that it made much of a difference as well.

Ultimately, I would only buy this again if I was going for a short weekend break and wanted to take minimum items with me. This certainly doesn't replace a shower gel, cream or indeed a soap, and is only really worth the money if you're unsure whether or not your want to buy the solid perfume.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Apple Pulp, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, *Limonene, Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose, Tangerine Oil, Sodium polyacrylate, Perfume, Grapefruit Oil, Litsea Cubeba Oil, DRF Alcohol, *Citral, *Linalool, Colour 47005, Colour 42090:2, Colour 77499.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £2.00 for each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Ectoplasm Jelly Bath Bomb
Ectoplasm Liquid Perfume
Ectoplasm Naked Shower Scream
Ectoplasm Shower Scream
Ectoplasm Solid Perfume


Ectoplasm Washcard



1 comment

  1. Recently, I opted for using the whole sheet in a single shower, and I can honestly say that it created enough foam to last across several showers - as it claims to do. However, the fragrance was very weak throughout my shower, and every time I used another product, I was no longer able to smell this on my skin or hands. Can you give more information about ectoplasm wash card.
    Wyld nightclub guest list

    ReplyDelete


UP