Recently

6 November 2018

Iceshoggles Soap





I don't know what it is about Lush and superman right now but everything I see seems to remind me of kryptonite. After the release of Hulder Bath Bomb during the showcase a couple of months back, my mind is set on seemingly unworldly things in the likes of bath bombs and soaps.

Iceshoggles Soap is a product that I think may get looked over quite a bit, but one that I think deserves a closer study of the scent, because it is simply wonderful. As regular readers will know, I love most things fragranced with patchouli oil, and this limited edition certainly has its fair share of this.

In Lush's description it tells us to 'watch the crystal walls of an ice palace rise around you creating a place of grandeur, the place where mysteries are born. Feel the surroundings change as you step into a hot spring in the depths of an ice cave.' This reminded me so much of how I've been feeling lately with the weather changes, and I couldn't wait to jump into a hot shower and try this soap out for size.

What hit my nose almost immediately was the familiar sweet and spicy properties of patchouli. In this product, it's rather thin-laced across the top of the fragrance and appears to be dancing freely by itself, whilst the green notes of the bergamot oil intertwine themselves around each burst of fragrance. Labdanum is also present here, but it acts as more of a grounding component - allowing the bergamot and patchouli to roam free without being lost. 

There is something rather light yet earthy about this aroma: as if you've lifted your nose out of the forest floor and breathed in the crisp, night air for the first time. While I wouldn't say that the likes of Tramp Shower Gel smells identical to this new aroma, there is something familiar about it that plays homage to the aforementioned retro scent family.

What I found great about Iceshoggles was that the scent intensified quite a bit when it was being massaged across my body. The heat of the shower definitely projects the fragrance across the room, and you can also find traces of the aroma on your skin after you've towelled yourself down. While I sometimes suggest using soaps as hand soaps instead, this one is made to be appreciated in the shower for sure.

Impressively, this seasonal soap lathered up a real treat - so much so that I had to remove it from the water because it was producing so much liquid to clean myself with. I only need to dampen my hands to stimulate enough lather to coat my entire body with. The foam that the soap creates is also very light and fluffy as well, so the product spreads easily across your body.

After rinsing the suds away, my skin felt really soft and smooth, and there was an element of radiance that stayed with me long into the day. My hands in particular felt noticeably softer after a single use, and I appreciated that I didn't need to moisturise immediately afterwards.

The soap itself was very sturdy and barely changed shape at all over the few weeks I used this. In fact, my piece is currently sat out to dry and it looks almost the same size as it did when I first bought it. What makes this soap great is the fact that it drys very quickly after use, so you won't have to worry about finding any nasty splodges of colour on your bathroom surfaces. 

While soap is not really my favourite format to use in the shower, I really did enjoy this smell and would love to see it made into other formats. Unfortunately, much like Grandfather Time Soap, this is one that is seemingly being ignored for the more glamorous products on offer in the Christmas range, which is a shame as Iceshoggles is wonderful in many ways.

Quantitiative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Fine Sea Salt, Perfume, Patchouli Oil, Labdanum Resinoid, Bergamot Oil, Hop Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Glycerine, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, *Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £6.95 for each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP