Recently

5 November 2018

Slaphead Solid Shampoo Bar




It goes without saying that I am not a bald woman: I do have hair on top of my head, although I sometimes wonder why with all of the hassle that it gives me. Therefore, I was unsure just how I was going to test this one out, both on my very own locks, and then again on something that could replicate a bald head as well. 

Slaphead Solid Shampoo Bar is one of six limited edition naked bars to show themselves during last month's Lush Labs release: each sporting a beautiful design that outshines any other to have come before them. This particular bar is a wonderful shade of turquoise, and features a piece of dried achillea burgundy stuck to the surface with a little touch of cocoa butter.

What stood out for me almost immediately was just how wonderful this solid shampoo bar is to smell. While I wouldn't describe the scent of this to be overpowering or particularly strong, the key elements are definitely all very much present. 

To my nose, I can smell the rosemary oil at the forefront, which gives Slaphead a wonderful herbal scent. Both antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, this ingredient helps to get rid of any germs or bacteria on your head, and leave your skin feeling really calm. Alongside this, the cedarwood and myrrh oils add a rich and slightly resinous woody aroma, with the ylang ylang adding subtle notes of both floral and green.

To use, you simply wet it slightly and massage between the palm of your hands. As Slaphead is so generous, you only need to do this for a split second to produce a surplus amount of creamy foam to massage into your hair and scalp. While I would usually suggest that you could massage this directly across your head, the inclusion of the dried achillea on top would mean that you would end up with mess in your hair or on your skin. Although you could always remove this beforehand as it doesn't add any benefits to the shampoo bar aside from being a pretty decoration.

As with nearly all of Lush's solid shampoo bars, these are so easy to travel with; so compact without any risk of leaking or making a mess in your bags; and will easily last you a good three months of washing your hair 2-3 times a week. Furthermore, the lack of SLS will ensure that your hair or bald head remains as looked after as it could possibly be - without coating it with anything that could damage it in the long run.

In the hair, Slaphead works an absolute treat: leaving your locks feeling really soft and more manageable  without needing to use a conditioner afterwards. While it didn't do anything to reduce the levels of frizz my hair goes through every day, it certainly didn't do anything to intensify this, and my hair was happy to go a few days without needing to be rewashed. In fact, I found this shampoo bar to be slightly conditioning, which was a well added bonus that I wasn't expecting at all.

As the same time, I tried Slaphead out across my body as well, to see what affect it would have on the skin. While the consistency of your skin isn't the same as it is on the top of your head, I still found that my skin was left feeling really smooth and silky-soft, and it even cleared up a few of the dry skin areas I was suffering from at the time. While I couldn't vouch that this product would do the same on someone's head, there's a lot of evidence here to suggest that it would be equally successful. 

Overall, I was again really impressed with how effective this shampoo bar was, and this was after using it 2-3 times a week without any other products involved. It's gentle enough to be used every day, if you're someone that feels they need to wash their hair more often than me, and you never feel as if your hair has been stripped of life after using it. 

My shampoo bar will easily see me through another 2-3 months, and I only hope that Lush choose to make it a permanent member of their hair care range. This would definitely be popular amongst those of you who have very little hair, or no hair at all, and I'm glad to see more hair care options available from my favourite cosmetics company.

Quantitiative Ingredients: Sodium Coco Sulfate, Fine Oatmeal, Fair Trade Colombian Cocoa Butter, Castor Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Rosemary Oil, Myrrh Oil, Water (Aqua), Soya Lecithin, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100, Stearate Cocamidopropyl Betaine, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090, Dried Achillea Burgundy.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £3.95 for 65g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP