Recently

31 May 2015

Comforter Shower Cream



It's hard to imagine that not only did I consider this to be my all-time favourite scent a year ago, but also how much of a struggle it was to acquire even a single bottle of the shower gel because of how few bottles were available across the globe. While this product is still somewhat of a rarity, it's strange to think that I can now waltz into the Oxford Street store and buy the stuff by the kilo.

Comforter Shower Cream is everything you'd imagine it to be and more - a sweet, fruity and very creamy concoction that smells like a summer pudding or a mixed berry coulee. Containing a blackberry and vanilla infusion, this exclusive shower companion not only sounds good enough to eat but will leave you smelling incredible to boot.

Much like the shower gel of the same name, this shower cream features a combination of cypress oil, cassis absolute and bergamot oil - a collaboration that produces the popular blackcurrant aroma that Lush fans around the world know as The Comforter. While I normally state that none of the products in this scent family replicate the smell of the bubble bar perfectly, this is one product that comes awfully close to doing so. 
While it smells on par with the shower gel, it differs in both consistency and productivity in the shower. While the gel is both translucent and quite thick in the bottle, the shower cream is surprisingly thinner and opaque in colour - presented as a vivid, pink liquid with lustre threaded throughout to give it a slight glittery shimmer.

As well as a physical difference, the product also performs slightly differently from your typical shower gel. While it lathers up under the running water and glides over your skin with ease, I found that it wasn't as generous with its lather as I would have expected it to be. In fact, it was a little like Twilight in the way that it was more of an oily gel than a foamy one.

Having said that, I was amazed to find that my skin felt instantly moisturised after rinsing the cream away and I was left with a body that not only smelt incredible, but felt as soft as silk to boot. I would say that while the shower gel is better for cleaning as it creates a soapy foam to wash with, Comforter Shower Cream works better at conditioning the skin and leaving it looking radiant and feeling incredible. Using both in succession would surely give you a perfect shower experience.   

As with all of Lush's shower creams, this one leaves a wonderful long-lasting fragrance on the skin, which is great news for me because both The Comforter Body Lotion and the limited edition perfume doesn't do this very well. I found that I could still detect the remnants of this cream some 3-4 hours after I had initially left the shower, which was especially lovely as I experienced fruity bursts every time the heat of the sun hit my skin.  

While its my least favourite shower cream from the new Oxford Street Store, it's still a wonderful product and one that many Lush fans have been waiting for for a long time. If they were to make this a permanent feature in stores across the country, I think it would remain one of Lush's biggest sellers, and with good reason. This has now become a staple product in my bathroom and will do so for a long time to come.  
Quantitative Ingredients: Water (aqua), Sodium Laureth sulphate, Blackberry and Vanilla infusion (Rubus fruticosus; Vanilla planifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Lactic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Limonene, Linalool, Snowflake Lustre (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 17200, Colour 45410, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £4.75 for 100g, £9.50 for 250g, £15.95 for 500g, £27.50 for 1kg. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 


12 comments

  1. Just seen these anonymous comments what on earth. Jen you're lovely. This person can just step on lego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cowardly and childish way you're reacting. Jen makes these reviews from her honest opinion. I don't see how in any way shape or form she's acting the way you depict her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I got the shower gel! It's an amazing scent. Would love to try the cream sometime but at least I have the gel for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As "The Comforter" is my - so far - favorite Lush scent I can't wait to get my hands on this. I managed to get 3 bottles of the shower gel from the Kitchen, as well as the lotion and the solid perfume. I also have a batch of "Reindeer Rock", which we use by our sink.

    We all know this scent is very popular, which is why I'm very surprised that it is rumored (or verified?) that both "Sweetie Pie" and "You Snap the Whip" will be discontinued… I know they need space for the new stuff/can't keep unpopular products, but that those products might get the axe is still a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sach a amazing Bed Sheets, You definitely inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I the only one who thinks the shower cream is super inferior to the bubble bar and smells of a cat pee-esque scent? I really hate it a surprising amount! I'm not being mean, I'm just genuinely interested because many people seem to love it but almost every Lush employee I've spoken to doesn't care for it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I love the scent description! I happen to love the bubble bar but I can see why employees would be unimpressed with it - it's one of those products that gets a lot of people into Lush but then they tend to branch out and discover new and much more interesting smells, perhaps?

      Delete
    2. I thought I was the only one who thought it had a cat pee quality to it! I got a sample today and I'm going to give it a go, but I'm not sure I'll be buying an actual bottle. :(

      Delete
  7. The bubble bar and liquid perfume smell so fantastic. Like, so much so, it's all I can do to not put them in my mouth. However, there's something really off with the shower creme and solid perfume. They still have the fruity part going for them, but they really do smell like a litter box. Like, strong cat pee. Or ammonia. Maybe the oils in them are causing some kind of chemical reaction, or maybe something isn't being mixed properly, but yeah...definitely cat pee. :C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there – I know what you mean! I find this with the perfume and some of the comforter shower gels. There is almost a cheap acidic sour squash element about it that is rather offputting !

      Delete
  8. If you pour even a dash of this onto a sponge/shower pouf, it creates a load of a lather and makes the bottle go even further :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks. Pijat panggilan semarang

    ReplyDelete


UP