Recently

20 May 2015

Orange Blossom Bath Oil

Having tried out a number of Lush's new bath oils, I have reached the conclusion that I need them permanently in my life. I'll be honest and say that a few weeks ago, I felt the very opposite. While I liked the idea of having such a large and very attractive collection of melts and oils on offer, I couldn't imagine buying them regularly to go into my baths.

However, since working my way through the impressive amount that are currently on offer at the Oxford Street Store, I have found them to be much more effective than I expected them to be and some can even hold their own without the need for a bath bomb or bubble bar alongside it. This is one such product.

Orange Blossom Bath Oil was one of the first ones that I picked up on opening day - a decision based solely on the fact that its beautiful vivid orange design and glittery attire immediately drew my attention upon reaching the second floor of the shop. 
What excited me even further was when I discovered that this little gem shares it scent with the currently discontinued liquid perfume of the same name. This was a real bonus for me because while I loved the scent of the perfume, it wasn't vegan-friendly so I was only able to give it a sniff every now and then when someone I knew was wearing it. 

Just like all of the other bath oils available, this one is packed full of essential butters and oils to nourish your skin and leave you feeling as soft as a baby. With shea butter and cocoa butter to moisture and condition; jojoba oil to soften the skin and neroli oil to tone and tighten the body, this little ball is a delight to bathe with, and exceptionally good value for money at just £2. 

In the packet, Orange Blossom doesn't present a very strong aroma. In fact, it wasn't until I held the product up close to my nose that I could really detect its fragrance at all. Yet, the second this beautiful item was placed in hot water, the aroma expanded and intensified very quickly and within a matter of seconds I was engulfed in a sea of Mediterranean bliss. 

The orange flower absolute is definitely the strongest note in this bath oil - a stunningly fresh and uplifting floral note with a generous helping of citrusy goodness to round it all off perfectly. Orange flower absolute is a key ingredient in the popular Sakura Bath Bomb, and many people have asked as to whether this is similar in scent to anything in this fragrance family. Although they're both very refreshing and offer a fruity floral aroma, I don't see much of a similarity between these two smells at all. While Sakura possesses more of a cherry blossom aroma, Orange Blossom is far more citrusy and really does smell like Lush have thrown in the juice of a fresh orange to sweeten the deal.

For such a small melt, you would expect to have to use 2 or 3 to produce enough oils for a single bath. However, this bath oil went above and beyond what I was expecting, and not only produced a really nourishing experience but one that blew me away in terms of how strong its fragrance was and how soft it made the water feel when I submerged myself below the surface. 

In the tub, this ball of essential oils immediately began to bleed out into the water - releasing little streams of orange colour that either sank to the bottom of the tub or floated on the surface in little puddles. Once the bath oil had completely dispersed, the whole water turned a lovely warm peachy-orange colour and the smell radiated across the whole bathroom - creating a beautiful haven to lose myself in. 

Much like with all of the other bath oils I have tried, Orange Blossom didn't make the water as greasy as some of Lush's regular melts have done - instead softening the water enough to moisturise your skin and leave it feeling well-conditioned and velvety-smooth. 

Although it works well by itself, it would also be the perfect oil to use in a cocktail with something like Sakura or Dragon's Egg. While some of its counterparts have proven to be rather messy, this bath oil doesn't stain the tub or your skin and the lustre drains away with ease. This is the perfect bath oil for those up-and-coming summer evenings, and I will definitely stock up on these when I make my next visit to the store.

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii butter), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceriders & PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Laureth 4, Perfume, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocoa nucifera), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara), Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora), Sandalwood Oil (Fusanus spicatus), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Snowflake Lustre (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide), Benzyl Benzoate, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 15510, Colour 15985, Colour 19140.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £2 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

Scent Family: 
Elbow Grease Moisturising Bar
Mandarin's Tea Party Soap
Orange Blossom Candle 
Orange Blossom Liquid Perfume (non vegan)


2 comments

  1. It was OK, but another one that left oily marks all around the bath, so I had to clean it up right away. Won't be getting it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are solid oils so pretty much all of them are going to leave rings around the bath. That's kind of the point. Wet wipes work amazingly.

      Delete


UP