Recently

11 May 2015

Razzle Dazzle Luxury Bath Oil


Lush have two types of products - the ones that entice you in immediately with their vivid colours and wonderful fragrances, and the ones that you need to spend some quality time with before falling in love with them. In a way, you could almost categorise people in this way - the ones who pine for the quiet, steady life and the ones who live for the nights out...on the razzle...the Razzle Dazzle! 

While I wouldn't class myself as particularly girly, Razzle Dazzle Luxury Bath Oil made an instant impression on me in the Oxford Street Store - a shiny, shimmery flamingo-pink bon bon of essential oils that has been made to throw into the bath and revitalise your skin. Shaped like a ping-pong ball, this is one of 20 new multicoloured oils that can be found in the flagship store, and is easily my favourite one so far. 

Described by Lush as a blend of 'splendiferous raspberry ripples, bergamot and juicy Persian lime', this product reads like candy - so much so that I even took a nibble to see if the taste matched its scent. A mistake if there ever was one. While it looks and smells good enough to eat, it sure doesn't replicate this in the way it tastes. Shame. 

Despite my distain that I wasn't able to consume this, the fragrance was really wonderful and definitely one that I can imagine many people falling in love with straight away. Razzle Dazzle has a sort of powdery berry scent - a mixture of dried blackberries and raspberries intertwined with a gentle fruity note of lime. It's definitely a very decadent aroma and one that's very comforting when you're in the bath tub. 

As with Shark Infested Custard, I was really worried that for such a small melt, I might have to use multiple balls to get the desired effect on my skin and senses. However, this bath oil went above and beyond what I was expecting, and not only produced a really nourishing experience but one that blew me away in terms of how strong its fragrance was and how vivid the display was in the water. 

In the tub, this ball of essential oils immediately begins to bleed out into the water - releasing little streams of pink colour that sink to the bottom of the tub and produce a stunning display. To me, the effect of the pink on the clear water reminded me of microbes under a microscope - like miniature jelly fish pulsating in the ocean. 
Once the bath oil had completely dispersed, the whole water was a vivid pink colour and the smell radiated across the whole bathroom - creating a beautiful haven to lose myself in. While I wouldn't recommend touching the product when it's in action (as it'll stain your hands), once it's dissolved you don't have to worry too much about the inclusion of the glitter as it gives the water a wonderful sparkle without turning you into a disco ball.   

Much like most of the bath oils I have come across so far, Razzle Dazzle contains cocoa butter to moisturise, coconut oil to clean out your pores and jojoba oil to help the body absorb all of these wonderful oils. These three ingredients help to soften the water without making it too oily or greasy, and help to make this the perfect accompaniment for those who want to moisturise and nourish their dry or weathered skin after a long day. 

What impressed me most about this product was that it transformed my bath tub into something that I only thought a bath bomb or bubble bar could do. For £2 a shot, this is incredible value for money and I would be very satisfied using this by itself again and again. 

Although it can hold its own in the water, it would also be the perfect oil to use in a cocktail with some of Lush's sweeter products such as Think Pink or Blackberry Bath Bomb. While I should warn you that this oil does leave a bit of a mess in the tub, it's worth it when you exit the bath and both smell the wonderful fragrance on your skin and feel how soft and radiant your body looks and feels because of it. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Laureth 4PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides & PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Perfume, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Persian Lime Oil, Bergamot Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citral, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £2 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:






9 comments

  1. Hi, Jen!
    I'm thinking about getting Razzle for my grandma and I was wondering if the cleanup was really hard? I don't want to get these for her and then have her have to scrub her tub for a half an hour afterwards :/
    Could the mess be cleaned up with a clorox wipe/bleach wipes? Preferably easily?
    Thanks!

    -Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that as long as you have a clean bath to begin with and that you give it a wipe when the water is draining away, you shouldn't need to scrub for hours on end! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm making a trip to Lush tomorrow and would love to get my hands on one of these. I absolutely love their bath melts so I bet this is amazing.

    Best wishes,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stuff is lethal! Made the huge mistake of taking a bath with it before work - it didn't stain the bath, but it stained me terribly! My nails were the worst victims of it - not good having to go to work looking as if you've been painting your nails...

    Real shame as the scent is incredible, just need to wait for them to put it into something less messy - a shower gel or soap would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you had such a messy experience - it definitely kills your enjoyment when you leave the bath looking like a squashed raspberry. I think a shower gel would be incredible - as long as it had that deep, rich colour - just without the staining of course :)

      Delete
  4. I used this with a You've Been Mangoed oil and it was one of the best Lush combos I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product stained my skin. I looked like I had sunburn. Tub took a while to clean too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a strange one - Lush should definitely look into doing something about the colouring!

      Delete
  6. I really want to like this because it looks amazing and I love the ingredients. I just can't get passed the smell. I expected a bit of fruityness or citrus but all's I get is vinegar :|

    ReplyDelete


UP