Recently

30 May 2015

Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie Roulade


While they're not my favourite products in store, I have really enjoyed working my way through the smoothie roulades that are currently available from the Oxford Street store. While I'm still very much a shower gel fanatic at heart, there is something rather exciting about trying out something so vastly different and rather unique in the shower. 

Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie was definitely not at the top of my list of products to try. In fact, I would have forgotten to pick it up had it not been for a conversation I overheard between two employees about the shower section needing to be rearranged. While the other roulades each have something rather special about them - whether it be their colour or design, this one cannot boast being particularly interesting in either category. 

Nevertheless, although I have yet to review the Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie that is currently available as a regular product outside of the Oxford Street shop, it is very much one of my favourites from this range. For this reason, I was really hoping that this naked version would replicate this and perhaps even offer me something better.

Unfortunately, this smoothie is one of those products that just doesn't meet the expectations that I had laid out for it. While Lush are normally fairly good at creating unique and interesting smells, this one came across as rather boring and forgettable - a smell that mimics many of the average shower products you might find in your local pharmacy. 

I was expecting a rich, sweet and slightly powdery rose aroma that was similar in scent to the Turkish delicacy that the smoothie is named after. Instead, I discovered that the scent of this roulade was very 'soapy' and not much to write home about at all. This is quite disappointing as it does happen to be one of the more expensive ones in this format.  

This product has a very subtle smell - one that has elements of the rose absolute and rose oils that are featured in the ingredients list, but it's very faint and you can almost smell the coconut oil and cocoa butter as strongly as you can smell the floral aspect. Both the neroli oil and jasmine absolute also help t pad out the sweetness of this product, but neither are strong enough to make a real impression on the user.   

In the shower, the fragrance doesn't strengthen all that much and I found that I had to add a little Rose Jam Shower Gel into the mix to make things a tad more interesting. Despite this, I can imagine some consumers really appreciating the fact that this isn't very strong. While I enjoy cosmetics with very distinctive and rather potent aromas, I know that others prefer the 'quieter' ones. This would be a great purchase for those who wish to reap the benefits of a smoothie without being engulfed in an overpowering aroma.

To use any one of Lush's new roulade smoothies, I would recommend that you either break off a small chunk and use this to clean yourself with, or cut a thin slice and use this flat piece to lather across your skin. While you could use a whole piece at once, this product is far softer than most of Lush's soaps and I can imagine a 100g chunk would disintegrate and shrink very quickly if exposed to water and left damp in between uses.  

What I found with Turkish Delight was that it produced a very creamy lather that glided over my body with ease. While some of Lush's roulades create a waxy, rather oily lather, this one was more on par with how the company's usual smoothies react with water. 

Much like most of the Lush's other shower smoothies, this one really worked hard at cleaning my skin - clearing out unwanted dirt from my pores and leaving me feeling both radiant and smooth to the touch. However, as with most of their smoothies, I didn't find that this moisturised all that well and my skin was left feeling rather taut after using this one. 

While this isn't a product that needs to be kept in the fridge, I would suggest that you store this in a air-tight container between uses. In it's favour, a 100g chunk would last you a good month or so with daily use. However, it does tend to dry out quite quickly and this makes it more difficult to use in the shower when it gets to this stage.
As I have stated in previous reviews, I have really enjoyed trying out all of the different variations of naked smoothie that Lush currently offer. While they each have their merits and offer something slightly different from the others, this one is probably my least favourite to date and it's not something I would invest in on a regular basis. Despite this, I have actually really enjoyed using my last piece of this as a hand soap.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Rapeseed Oil: Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nuciferal), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Perfume, Jasmine Absolute, Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Rose Absolute, Rose Oil (Rosa damascena), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide,  Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £8.50 for 100g 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:
Turkish Delight
Turkish Delight Roulade

1 comment

  1. I did not get on with this roulade. It arrived gooey and mushy and the rose smell was not a lovely, fresh rose smell but more of a grandma rose smell. The smoothies in the tubs were miles better than this 'naked' rubbish.

    ReplyDelete


UP