Recently

6 May 2015

Magical Moringa Facial Moisturiser


Normally when I'm going to invest in a more expensive Lush product, I tend to find that I need to mentally prepare myself to part with my hard-earned money. When the company brought out their range of sun-care products last year, it took me a good couple of weeks before I was able to justify spending so much on a small tub of 'stuff'. 

Caught up in the flurry and excitement of the Oxford Day opening event, I mindlessly threw a small of tub of Magical Moringa Facial Moisturiser into my basket, and it wasn't until I was checking my receipt later on that I realised it had set me back a rather impressive £28. 

Made from only six ingredients, this unique and rather original moisturiser is a power-house of ingredients - intent on not only revamping and invigorating your complexion, but supporting the skin before, during and after the application of make-up - leaving your face looking radiant and well-nourished.  

Named after one of the ingredients featured, this product has been carefully crafted to work at one with any skin. Moringa oil, which also features in Lush's best-selling Charity Pot, is a light and antioxidant rich oil that boasts many benefits for the skin. Pertaining a gentle aroma not unlike fresh leaves, this oil is rich in protein, essential amino acids, potassium and calcium - working alongside the argan oil to repair and condition dry, damaged and tired looking skin. 

Magical Moringa also features rose hip oil which is rich in vitamin C. This gives your skin a natural, healthy-looking glow; while the cocoa and shea butters act as emulsifiers to hold all of the ingredients together and help the application of the product onto your face. 

What sets this apart from your usual moisturiser is the consistency - something that makes this product one that you'll either love or hate. On removing the lid, you'll discover that this facial moisturiser comes as a hard wax - a little like you would expect a styling wax or lip balm to look like in the tin. To use, you need to scoop out a raisin-sized amount and either rub it directly onto your face or melt it in-between your fingers before massaging it into the skin. 

When I first tried this out, I was really unsure as to whether or not it was going to work. While a normal lotion would leave a subtle damp feeling on the skin, Magical Moringa doesn't do this at all. In fact, the inclusion of cornflour as the main ingredient means that when you do apply this, you actually get a slightly powdery feeling which stays on your skin for a short while after application.

To begin with, I really disliked the feeling of rubbing this into my face and I didn't appreciate the lack of moisture I felt once the lotion had been fully distributed across the skin. This facial moisturiser is not one to leave you feeling particularly refreshed - which was a problem for me in the beginning. Furthermore, if you suffer from dry skin, you may wish to use a toner water or similar product beforehand, to give you that boost of moisture you're probably used to. 

Having said this, once Magical Moringa has been given 5-10 minutes for the skin to fully absorb, the moisturiser leaves you with a wonderfully soft complexion that is ready for anything life chooses to throw at it. While it took a little while to get used to how it felt on my skin, it only took me a few days to be convinced that it worked wonders.  

Lush also claim that this product can be used as a primer and after testing this out across multiple days, I can honestly say that it is perfect for this. After massaging it into my face, I found that my make up was really easy to apply and left me with a beautiful matte complexion - something that those with slightly oilier skin will no doubt appreciate.

While I see this as more of a treat than a product I would wear daily, it's definitely one that I'll rely on when my face is perhaps not feeling or looking as calm as I know it can be. Lush have yet again created something so different from anything else that is on the market right now, and yet again, they have triumphed in doing so. It may not be a product that bowls you over straight away, but stick with it and you may find that it surprises you further down the road...

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour (Zea mays), Argan Oil (Argania spinosa), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Moringa Oil (Moringo pterygosperma), Rose Hip Oil (Rosa canina), Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii). 

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £28 for 75g. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 


8 comments

  1. Hmm. I can only use this at night as it leaves a powdery finish. Not sure I'll buy it again. I like something stress free and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to buy this but it's not in the kitchen anymore and I don't live in the uk. Is there a shopping service I could use to get oxford street products? I also tried ebay, there were 2 listings for this which listed them as "rare" and one was $70, the other $95. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 70 is pretty close to the actual price

      Delete
  3. No, $70 is horrible!! More than twice the price. You can buy directly from Lush at lush.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Magical Moringa, I was initially put of by the paste. However, when I started using it for a few months I started receiving compliments that I looked younger. I even feel like it reduces the fine lines under my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that dermatologists recommend number of products that are too much costly. I literally was just staring at a tub of at CVS, contemplating on order Natural skin care which have no side effects. Natural skin care

    ReplyDelete
  6. As we know indian moringa is the best in the world and the most demandable product. See our Desi Moringas store. we make best moringa product

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moringa Powder | Weight Loss | Green Superfood | Organic Moringa Drumstick + Leaf Powder | Energy, Metabolism & Immune booster | Single Origin Leaf & Drumstick Powder | by Desi Moringas

    ReplyDelete


UP