Recently

10 May 2015

Yuzu And Cocoa Shower Cream



It was only fate that made me try my hand out at making DIY Yuzu And Cocoa Shower Gel last month. The allure of the Christmas sale meant that I had a good 6-8 of the bubbleroons residing in my drawer, and knowing how many new bath products I had acquired from the Lush Kitchen, I knew that there was just no way I was going to be able to use them all up. 

After lathering myself up with the homemade peachy concoction, it only took a mere second to realise how much this needed to be an official product, and a permanent member of Lush's range to boot. So when I saw that the company were actually fulfilling these wishes and bringing out this shower product in their Oxford Street store, I was ecstatically happy. 

Yuzu And Cocoa Shower Cream is everything you could ask for in a shower product and more. Made from an infusion of fresh yuzu juice, cocoa butter and tonka absolute, this product reads like a liquid dessert - a sweet, creamy and highly decadent offering that will brighten up any shower it is invited into. 
What is odd about this exclusive gel is that it contains both yuzu juice and a yuzu infusion - a fact that won't initially seem strange to many reading this review. Yet I was surprised to learn that while the shower cream contains the very ingredient it is named after, the original bubbleroon doesn't seem to feature this at all.

For those unfamiliar with this rather rare Japanese fruit, Yuzu is known for its dry but distinctive aroma - one that isn't all that far off the scent of grapefruit. What is great about this particular ingredient is that it matches well with other citrus oils - prolonging the longevity of their scent on the skin and creating a shower cream that will stay with you long after you have exited the shower. 

An initial sniff from the bottle reveals a wonderful orange and cocoa butter fragrance - a fruity collaboration that reminds me of freshly made chocolate orange buttercream. Underneath this is a dash of tonka absolute that pads out the creamy bass note, while the bergamot oil adds a sweetness that compliments the other ingredients and rounds it all off beautifully.   

Described as a 'shower cream', Yuzu And Cocoa is different from all of Lush's other shower gels in that it contains ingredients to thicken it's consistency and make it even creamier in the shower. While the Lord Of Misrule Shower Cream contains wheatgerm oil to help give it its moisturising properties, this shower cream has plenty of essential oils to achieve the same outcome. And velvety-soft your skin will feel.    

This shower cream is definitely thicker than your average gel and its opaqueness means that it doesn't look like most of Lush's other shower gels either. However, it works in the same way - lathering up under the running water and gliding over your skin with ease - leaving behind a strong and very comforting aroma that lingers on your body all day. Having said this, I found that it wasn't as generous with its lather as I would have expected, and while it left my skin well-nourished and soft to the touch, it did require a little more 'product' than I would have normally when compared with one of Lush's regular shower gels. 
  
Despite this, Yuzu and Cocoa is still one of my favourite products to come from the new Oxford Street store, and as to be expected, it has cemented itself as one of my all time favourite shower products from Lush. There is no doubt that l will be stocking up on this beauty to see me through the summer months. All Lush need to do now is bring out a body lotion in this scent and my life will be complete. Perhaps it's time to tempt fate by attempting a DIY version...

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Yuzu Infusion (Citrus junos), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Fresh Yuzu Juice (Citrus junos), Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Lactic Acid, Cocoa Absolute (Theobroma cacao), Tonka Absolute (Dipteryx odorata), Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradis), Bergamot Oil (Citrus aurantium bergamia), Titanium Dioxide, Citral, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 19140, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £4.75 for 100g, £9.50 for 250g, £15.95 for 500g, £27.50 for 1kg.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:
Yuzu & Cocoa Bath Bomb
Yuzu & Cocoa Bubbleroon
Yuzu & Cocoa Liquid Perfume
Yuzu And Cocoa Shower Cream
Yuzu & Cocoa Solid Perfume


14 comments

  1. If only I could get my hands on one of these!!!!! Some day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine them making an appearance in the Kitchen pretty soon :)

      Delete
  2. Does this smell EXACTLY like the bubbleroon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got a bottle of this in yesterday. My opinion is YES, 100%!

      Delete
    2. I swear all I smell is coconut and I love it. To me it smells just like the bubbleroon, unlike the comforter.

      Delete
    3. Yes it does! Sorry I'm very late to respond, and I'm sure you have a bottle of this now, but it definitely does the bubbleroon justice! :)

      Delete
    4. I agree it smells like coconut to me too! coconut and tropical fruit, absolutely gorgeous, love it!

      Delete
  3. OMG I NEED THIS!! I'm a Terry's Chocolate Orange addict and I recently told my boyfriend I wish Lush would make a Chocolate Orange scented shower gel... and here it is, amazing :D Hope they will have it in the Kitchen sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soo after it making its way to the normal Lush range I had to grab a bottle of course...and was sorely disappointed. To me this smelly nothing like chocolate or orange, it has a strong coconut scent and actually smelly like Pina Colada to me! I can't be the only one that thinks the scent description is way off?

      Delete
  4. I can't believe they made both of your DIY shower gels!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I feel I should get some credit for it...or at least get sent a few free bottles šŸ˜€

      Delete
  5. Wow!! Your description makes me want Yuzu even more! That Yellow Color is super kool tho, lol, thats what Caught My EYE! ;) ty

    ReplyDelete
  6. how many uses do you get out of these ? is it more value then let's say 3 bubbleroons instead of a 250ml bottle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're going to use the shower cream as a bubble bath as opposed to a shower gel, I'd say that it would probably work out about the same value wise, although the shower cream may just be slightly better. Three bubbleroons would last me either 3 epic baths or 6 really wonderful ones; a bottle would stretch across 6 baths as I'd need to use a lot to get the same scent/amount of bubbles :)

      Delete


UP