Recently

9 May 2015

Guardian Of The Forest Bath Bomb



One of the greatest things that I have noticed about myself since becoming a dedicated Lush fan, is how much my 'taste' in fragrances has expanded and matured over time. Back when I would gorge on Snow Fairy and little else, the idea of anything that wasn't candy-scented would have been an immediate turn-off. 

Had something like Lord Of Misrule come out three years ago, I would have probably turned my nose up at the absurdity of such a pairing of scents. However, I have come to appreciate and sometimes even relish in the more natural, earthy fragrances that Lush are known for creating. It is for this reason that I was rather excited to try out this bath bomb. 

Guardians Of The Forest is perhaps one of my favourite names for a bath bomb. The name alone conjures up magical images of enchanted woods and unworldly creatures; a place untouched by human hand - so far removed that it's barely recognisable by today's standards. As a theory, this sounds like a pretty perfect idea for a bath bomb. 
Lush claim that when this ballistic hits the water, it transforms your bath into a 'mystical oakmoss and cypress forest lagoon', and they would be pretty spot on with their description. Containing cypress and rosewood oils, not to mention a generous helping of oak moss absolute, this bomb has a wonderful green, earthy fragrance.

Cypress oil is known for its warm evergreen scent, which is definitely one of the key notes present here; oakmoss on the other hand has more of a herbaceous and rather mossy aroma and this is also distinctive in the overall smell of this product. Both of these ingredients work really well together - creating a gentle but very defined smell that reminds me a little of forest-dwelling plants on a warm, spring day. 

The addition of rosewood, which adds a subtle spicy, woody smell to the mix, makes the scent of this bath bomb one of many layers. In the packet, I could detect the dry but slightly sweet oakmoss aroma. However, once the bath bomb had fully dissolved, the cypress oil and rosewood came forward more and created a fragrance that reminded me very much of green tea. 

Some say that this bomb is supposed to share its scent with 1000 Kisses but I would say that this product smells nothing like the perfume at all. While the fragrance is much fruitier and citrus-dominated, this bath bomb doesn't have any of those qualities, and while it had lemon oil in its ingredients list, this is very subtle in the mix - only making the odd appearance once you are submerged under the water.    

All of these ingredients create a bath bomb that is relaxing and very therapeutic. I found that I felt really contented after using Guardians Of The Forest and it helped me to settle off to sleep very quickly, leaving it's aroma on my skin so I was able to smell it on my pillow the following day.  
As if the aroma of this product wasn't impressive enough, it also worked wonders in the tub. Upon dropping it in, the bath bomb immediately frothed up and created a mound of gorgeous green foam that spread out across the surface of the water. As Guardians continued to fizz away, a stream of yellow made its presence known, and coupled with the silver lustre that appeared, created a beautiful visual display that went on for a good 10 minutes. 

Once the bath bomb had fully dissolved, I was left with an amazing sea of deep, forest green water - speckled with lustre that lingered under the surface and added a magical glimmer to make the whole experience even more amazing. Not only this but the water was really softening on the body so once I had towelled myself down, my skin felt really nourished and well-pampered. 

This is definitely a bath bomb that I will buy regularly as it is so different from anything that Lush currently offer in their regular range. I do hope that this makes it into the other stores and doesn't just stay as an Oxford street exclusive - I wouldn't want to risk visiting that store on a weekly basis and I might just bankrupt myself. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora), Oak Moss Absolute (Evernia Prunastri), Cream Of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Spring Green, Frosty Holly and Yellow Lustre (Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 19140, Colour 42090, Colour 47005), Colour 59040, Colour 42053, Colour 14700, Colour 45350.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £3.35 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family: 



7 comments

  1. I agree with the comment about the expanding of scent appreciation. I too have expanded a lot after finding lush. First time I smelled sweetie pie and tramp I thought "yuck!" Now they are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Grass shower gel was that way for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still loving all the sickly smells, but have inly been a Lushie since last xmas...I adore Twilight, snow fairy, creamy candy and anything violet!
    Jen can you recommend something for my lil girls, they are 5 & 10 and I want to find them bath bombs which are impressive once they are in the bath...the best ones for changing water colour or fizzing. So far we have tried dragons egg, carrots bubble bar, jingle spells, Twilight, the easter egg ones with a chick or bunny inside...they were good but not amazing, any recommendations? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a bath show,try the experimenter-it's amazing! And my favourite coloured one is Fizzbanger,because the end colour is beautiful :-)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bath bomb so much! I'm really sad I only got one while I was in London :( i was wondering (cheeky I know) if you're still able to post Oxford street items to people?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one's lovely!

    ReplyDelete


UP