Recently

31 May 2015

Lime Pastille Bath Oil


One of the main issues I have brought upon myself through buying too many products on my visits to the Oxford Street store, is that I forget what I have and what I've already used. Rather than sifting through my bags to find a specific product, I tend to pick something from the top and hope that it's what I'm looking for.

This means that certain products have been overlooked when they would have been my first choice, if only I'd remembered that I had bought them in the first place. Such is the case with the Lime Pastille Bath Oil

As with most of Lush's new bath oils, this one doesn't immediately jump out at you as being a product that can hold its own in the bath tub. However, just like all of the candy-inspired melts that I have tried so far, this one surpassed my expectations and yet again amazed me with just how powerful a grape-sized amount of ingredients can be. 

Presented in a beautiful, lustrous green colour, this dazzling fruity melt is covered in a thin layer of silver lustre that bleeds out into the water and gives the experience an extra special touch, which is very much appreciated. Having said this, if you're not one to appreciate the addition of lustre in your bath, I can assure you that it doesn't impact very much on the whole experience and certainly doesn't paint your skin or the tub during its use.     

Just like all of the other bath oils available, this one is packed full of essential butters and oils to nourish your skin and leave you feeling as soft as a baby. With shea butter and cocoa butter to moisture and condition; jojoba oil to soften the skin and neroli oil to tone and tighten the body, this little ball is a delight to bathe with, and exceptionally good value for money at just £2. 

Containing a generous helping of lemon and lime oils, Lime Pastille has a wonderful citrus smell that reminds me of both a gentler version of the green Starburst sweet and Five O'Clock Whistle Shaving Smoothie. Fans of Calacas will no doubt love this, but that's not to say that these two fragrances are alike - instead, this bath oil is much more along the lines of Key Lime Lip Balm and Avocado Co-Wash Conditioner, albeit much subtler in scent than both of these. 

In the tub, this ball of essential oils immediately began to bleed out into the water - releasing little puddles of green colour etched with silver glitter. Once the bath oil had completely dispersed, the whole water turned a lovely warm spring green colour and the smell radiated across the whole bathroom - creating a very refreshing experience for me to enjoy.

Much like with all of the other bath oils I have tried, this one didn't make the water as greasy as some of Lush's regular melts - instead softening the water so that it's enough to both moisturise your skin and leave it feeling well-conditioned and velvety-smooth afterwards.

While I did leave the tub with a very gentle aroma attached to my skin, it didn't stick around for too long and I found that I could no longer smell it within an hour of towelling myself down. Although some people may find this fact a let-down, I am more than happy with what Lime Pastille achieves for the bargain price of £2. 
As with all of the Lush's bath melts and oils, this one works well by itself but would also perform wonderfully as part of a cocktail. Paired with Dragon's Egg or Avobath, this little product would work wonders at adding to overall scent as well as infusing the bath with some much needed essential oils.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii butter), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Laureth 4, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceriders & PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocoa nucifera), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Cassia Oil (Cinnamomum), Cinnamal, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 19140:1, Colour 42090, Colour 47005, Colour 42990:2, Green Lustre (Cornstarch, Maltodextrin, Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Colour 19140).

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £2 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.



2 comments

  1. How does this compare to the lime scent of star light star bright?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish lush usa would give us these

    ReplyDelete


UP