Recently

8 May 2015

Shark Infested Custard Luxury Bath Oil



As many people have already stated, it's rather overwhelming to be presented with so many brand new Lush products to buy, test out and review for this blog. It's bad enough when the company release a seasonal range with multiple new products to try, let alone bringing out over two hundred exclusive products all at the same time. 

Shark Infested Custard is one of almost twenty new bath oils that Lush have designed and crafted for the new Oxford Street Store. Shaped like ping-pong balls, these multicoloured melts are one of the key attractions in the new shop - set up to look a little like an old-fashioned sweet shop so you almost feel as if you're buying pic 'n' mix as opposed to essential oils.  

This particular product grabbed my attention because of its name and I must confess that I bought a handful of these on this factor alone. Luckily, I discovered on the way home that this particular bath oil pertains a wonderful scent - a rich, creamy and very relaxing vanillary aroma. While I wouldn't say that it's identical to the popular Lush fragrance family, it's close enough that fans of the perfume and indeed Vanilla Fountain will no doubt love this new addition. 

If I was to take a step back for a second and judge Shark Infested Custard on its design, I'll be honest and say that the product doesn't particularly impress me all that much. The uneven surfaces and rather messy, sticky feeling you get after holding this, reminds me more of something that a child would make with a load of plasticine and a bucket of water. However, like many of Lush's naked products, it is the 'makeshift feel' about this that makes them rather endearing. 

Sporting a shade of sunflower-yellow, with a black shard sticking out as the fin, this bath oil is filled with an impressive amount of oils and butters to give you the softest, most-nourishing bathing experience that you could ever expect to come from such a small product. Containing cocoa butter to moisturise, coconut oil to clean out your pores and jojoba oil to help the body absorb all of these wonderful oils, this is an impressive design from Lush and one full of more than enough essential oils to offer you a truly satisfying and highly nourishing bath. 

Initially, I was really worried that for such a small melt, I might have to use multiple balls to get the desired effect. Furthermore, I was convinced that when the bath oil had fully melted in the water, I would be left with a chalky residue that would do little but stick to the sides and cause a mess I'd have to clean away. 

Surprisingly, I found that the oils released from Shark Infested Custard were the perfect consistency to offer a highly moisturising experience that was neither too greasy nor too messy. The size of the product offers the perfect dosage needed for a single bath so you don't have to worry about cutting this in half and leaving the tub covered in oils. Simply throw one in alongside a favourite bath bomb or by itself, and it'll create a haven of fragrance and moisture to leave your skin feeling silky-smooth and smelling delicious to boot.
  
For £2 a shot, this is definitely not a product that you'd want to use to completely replace your regular bath bombs or bubble bars. I would say that you'd need to use the whole thing in one go so it can prove a little expensive if you're using one as well as a full-sized ballistic. However, it is an essential product if you want an easy way to infuse additional oils into your bathing experience. With so many bath melts to review, it'll take me a while to purchase Shark Infested Custard again, but rest assured that these little balls will be making many appearances in my future baths. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Laureth 4, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides & PEG-60, Almond Glycerides, Perfume, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Titanium Dioxide, Colour 19140:1, Colour 47005.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £2 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

Scent Family:





 

6 comments

  1. I would really like if you reviewed Flying Fox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there - unfortunately Flying Fox is not vegan otherwise I would have been happy to review it on the blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow that's great. Glad to know that it's just as moisturizing as the old bath melts dispite the size. I see another week of Oxford street items in the kitchen. I'm sure you're glad that you don't need to get those items and pay shipping everyday 😂😂😂 lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and so appreciate all of the information you give on each and every product. I just wanted to say, thank you Jen that you are doing an awesome job. I'm fairly new to Lush and your reviews are very helpful. Jan in Ca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan - this is such a lovely comment to find on my blog!

      Delete
  4. This shares it's scent with Hair Custard :)

    ReplyDelete


UP